Catalyst -> Banshee's is amazing on Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerWille

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbombr View Post
Ok so I'm not closed minded and I tried it the way with the defensive masteries and the mana regen, then rush bf sword. It's actually very good. My problem before was that I was taking offensive masteries and no early game survivability item until I took catalyst after a while. I can't honestly say that one is better than the other if the other team is mixed as far as characters go.

After playing both styles my opinion on it is that you should do the catalyst build against caster heavy teams for 2 reasons:

1. You don't need the damage as much since casters are squishy.
2. MR, extra hp, and banshee's are very important to countering that sort of set up.

The BF sword build is better against people who can't harass you as well as you can to them, tank heavy and dps heavy teams, and the huge cluster**** team that you can't really cover all your defensive options with. TBH I can see that the BF sword will be more useful in a lot of matches, but I also definitely still see the merit in catalyst builds vs. caster teams. Caster + movement ability outranges you so it's still important to make sure you counter the other team at least enough to where you can regain control of the fight.
Thanks for actually trying it out. Tell me, what was your defensive materies, your rune set up, and your summoner spells?

Catalyst early on caster heavy teams is good, but have you tried out negatron cloak (with defensive masteries)? My experience has been better with BF Sword -> Boots + Negatron -> Pickaxe -> Merc Treads or -> IE -> Merc Treads (Depends on my money situation) against those teams. I'm not sure which optimal though. I'll need to crunch numbers sometime.

Against non-caster heavy teams, I skip the banshees since my survivability is built in and rush IE or get an Executioner's Calling if I'm seeing a Soraka or healing line up. Although I'm open to other suggestions here to other line ups.

xbombr

06-19-2010

I ran Ghost/Clease since I didn't need port or...well any other summoner spell really. 0/21/9 Masteries. Rushed BF sword and boots 1 in one trip. Started longsword-pot which later became a LW. I had hp quints, arpen marks, mp5/lvl everything else with a couple of CD reduction runes somewhere from when I was playing casters (My rune book is not full yet since I spent my first like 150 wins on buying champs that I'm not even using now lol).

I took the improved cleanse, armor, all the dodge masteries, vet scars, harden skin, tenacity, and ardor. I changed it when I played WW the next game. They had Ezreal mid, but I managed to do well enough at avoiding his skill shots to where the single pot was enough and I outfarmed him pretty hard since I was still able to spam volley with all of my mana regen from my pre-game setup.

I went 10/1/6 and we broke their nexus at like 30 mins in and I had a partially completed infinity edge. The one death wasn't really my fault. It was my best KD of the day...

I actually haven't lost with Ashe in a while no matter what build I've been using. I think it's just better to run what you think will work best against the other team's comp.

Cyst

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbombr View Post
WW the next game. They had Ezreal mid, but I managed to do well enough at avoiding his skill shots to where the single pot was enough and I outfarmed him pretty hard since I was still able to spam volley with all of my mana regen from my pre-game setup.

I went 10/1/6 and we broke their nexus at like 30 mins in and I had a partially completed infinity edge. The one death wasn't really my fault. It was my best KD of the day...
And when you get better you can do 21/0/9 boots->bf

catalyst doesn't add that much to ash really... or mastery

to play ash you have to be "light" on your feet...
quick reflexes and thinking a head of time is what makes the difference...

unlike other heros with all skill shots you have that 1 less thing to worry about ...(ezreal)

Its pretty much same reason doran is bad items (which i already said in another thread)
It doesn't matter if you get a warmog and do 0 damage you will still be squishy

So why gimp your damage?

xbombr

06-19-2010

I could probably run 21/0/9 eventually, but I haven't really done much solo midding that actually takes skill since I played a jungle character, pre-tornado nerf Janna, and some other random characters that I established as mains for like a week and never midded with.

Ferdie4

06-19-2010

Just read this guide and everything should be clear.
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...%20with%20ashe

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdie4 View Post
Just read this guide and everything should be clear.
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...%20with%20ashe
OMGS don't post that it validates my bf > catalyst THE EVILS!