Boots of Mobility - Out of Combat?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2009

I've never used Boots of Mobility but I was thinking of trying them, but I was wondering, what counts as 'combat' in this game? Dealing damage? Taking damage? Having a non-damaging debuff applied to you/applying one to an enemy? All of those?

Now I would assume taking damage counts (as it did in War3 for healing salves etc), but I don't really know about the others.

Coronach

Game Designer

09-24-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Right now Boots of Mobility will consider you in combat if you deal damage, take damage, or have a negative spell cast upon you.

Andross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
Right now Boots of Mobility will consider you in combat if you deal damage, take damage, or have a negative spell cast upon you.
Ah, thank you, also that was quick. =P

Meta

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
What about casting a negative spell on someone else? (ie: Fiddlesticks fear)

Janna Windforce

09-24-2009

Cannon Barrage puts me in combat? .

Raving Killa

09-24-2009

how much time after you attack or are attacked does out of combat mean. if you attack once do they stay slowed for 1 second or longer?

Andross

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raving Killa View Post
how much time after you attack or are attacked does out of combat mean. if you attack once do they stay slowed for 1 second or longer?
Taken from the patch notes: Boots of Mobility - Reduced the Out of Combat time from 8 to 7
So, quite awhile really.

Krow

09-25-2009

You have 7 seconds before you're considered out of combat. Try on twitch or evelynn where you can avoid combat and chase, then when you get in combat you'll be right where you want.

Basically stealth-chase. But overall i like MS 3 better.

Cantor

09-25-2009

I've had some good results with them, but don't pick them very often. But I never choose teleport as a summoner spell, so it's a good replacement.

Tanis

09-26-2009

i think they should add teleport to it >.>