11000 IP.... Skarner or AS rune page?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

10-19-2011

So I have a lot of IP that I have sort of been saving to make a rune page for Kayle...

but well runes are boring and I'd much rather a new champion.

I honestly did pretty badly as Skarners before the buff...
But I only like play AP champions... and that limits my jungle options to Cho gath and Fiddlesticks (I fail at nunu).

I feel his massive mana problems were really holding me back most of the game before hand.

AP/hybrid Skarner or a rune page + AS reds and quints?.

I also own Kog and Teemo and while they apparently require different rune pages to Kayle they are the same sort of champion and would benifit from that rune page.

How much has (the AP(hybrid) version of) Skarner been buffed this last patch?... is he worth it over a rune page?

Cenerae

10-19-2011

The only champs who really benefit from an AS runepage would be Phoenix Udyr, Cho'gath and Irelia. No others readily come to mind, and I'm pretty sure Udyr and Cho would want armor yellows anyway.

And I am speaking only of jungling variants here. AS runes aren't so good for laning with. Sure, Kayle, Teemo and Kog all benefit from having AS, but you'll have a weak early game for giving up other stats and you won't see too much improvement in the mid-late game either.

Edit - get a little AS if you really value it highly, just don't dedicate a whole page to it unless you're going to jungle with Irelia a lot. You'll be extremely dissappointed otherwise.

Stabzz

10-19-2011

Right now I'm running AS reds and yellows, ap/lv blues and movement quints. It's working out pretty great with a 22-0-8 build. I rush a philo stone, follow it up by boots of swiftnees and then black cleaver. From there I get a sheen. I haven't perfected where I go from there, but typically I've been going tri force for the movement as well as more slow. I use ghost/flash for SA.

As a note, I would like to say that he's really not that much different from before the patch. The only really noticeable thing is that you don't have to take mp5 runes anymore. He is a late game hero, so you still have to be careful early game and get a farm before you start being too aggressive. It took me a lot of head against wall moments to learn his play style, but I love it now that I have.

Narvuntien

10-20-2011

I mean this rune set from this guide (http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=806)

annoyingly Kog and Teemo guides suggest ArPen.. when i'd prefer if they all lined up with similar rune pages

Cenerae

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvuntien View Post
I mean this rune set from this guide (http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=806)

annoyingly Kog and Teemo guides suggest ArPen.. when i'd prefer if they all lined up with similar rune pages
They suggest armor pen runes because the typical Teemo and Kog builds actually do more physical damage than magical (well, this holds true for Teemo...not necessarily Kog, but it depends on what the Kog is building). Attack speed doesn't do anything for them in the lane either, but armor pen makes their harrassing more effective.

As for that guide...I've looked at it and shook my head in disagreement with it. I think his item build is poor (mainly the idea of getting Nashor's first) and the justification for the AS runes weak. But if you want to copy it...well, it's your IP.

Redenbacher

10-20-2011

If you're going to get AS runes, stick to Marks and/or Quints. Get primaries for Yellows and Blues, the returns are much better for your IP.

Especially since AS is an incredibly easy stat to purchase, much unlike things such as ArPen and MPen.