Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please, stop blaming the tank.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

da 2nd amendment

06-17-2010

Quote:
Kyuketsuki:

he played the stupid clown, which again proves my shaco d-bag theory- 90% of all Shaco players are jerks.

QFT. My d-bag level goes over 9000 when I play Shaco. That's just how it works.
On topic: If you want to make friends as a tank, play Shen. EZ-mode tanking.

Yellow Jester

06-17-2010

Shaco is a weird individual. You can't teamfight with shaco, you have to take out the threat while they're on the way to the teamfight and then disappear.

Temlam

06-17-2010

Quote:
MidgetBoxer:
QFT. My d-bag level goes over 9000 when I play Shaco. That's just how it works.
On topic: If you want to make friends as a tank, play Shen. EZ-mode tanking.

not true. I've played shen, you generally get your team angry because 1 guy ALWAYS dies with your ultimate on him because he's the feeder, yet you end up compelled to save him, then the rest of the team gets angry at you for not saving them, even if you are dead at this point because they ran like *****es while you engaged.

Lord Abbendis

06-17-2010

People tend to not realise its usually not there teams fault for dying, its there own for sucking. I'll admit I cant play Yi on a 5v5 for ****. But im trying to figure out my build and playing style so I can... But its hard when your going against Twisted Fate...

Temlam

06-17-2010

Okay, now I want to edit when to blame the tank, because I just played a game where I have to blame him.

If a guy builds lots of health, but wont tank a turret when only 1 enemy is alive the 2 seconds necessary to destroy it because you have beast dps, and later remarks we would have gotten owned, blame the tank.

When the guy is so arogant he points out you k/d because he was never in a team battle until the end (where the melee carry is suposed to be entering but the carry was left initiating with the other squishies) or he was off on the wayside picking dandelions, blame the tank.

WHen it's a mord who had 3x your hp and when you point the finger about him not taking turret hits, or being present in the beginning of team fights, and he starts going on about how he cannot taunt people to save you, blame the **** tank.

Please for the love of christ, if the guy is playing a tank and not playing a tank at the same time, blame him.

ZombiePuff

Recruiter

06-28-2010

I've decided that Tanks are the offensive linemen of LoL. No one pays them much attention until they screw up (which they do sometimes with horrible consequences). They're never going to get much glory.

Zeero

Recruiter

06-28-2010

I've been playing a LOT of Shen lately (even though he seems to get nerfed every single patch) and I agree with this thread. A dps overextends, or gets caught in a gank, and dies and somehow it is my fault. Even when my ult is down and I'm at half health myself.

What I feel is the most annoying part about playing a tank is when the rest of your team seems to think that K/D ratio is the only proof of skill. I'l be running with 4/6/17 and when I ask the DPS to stop being stupid they tell me my score sucks and I need to uninstall. Well, our team has a grand total of 20 kills at this point, 17 of which I was actively involved in..... *Facepalm*. I love tanking but hate that most people don't bother to realize what makes a good tank.

Azghyn Nite

Recruiter

06-28-2010

The same thing should go for support, they try to save you, and if they didnt you would have their score and they wouldn't, besides, you yell at them for not helping too.

jusTthis exe

06-28-2010

lol I notice the people i consistently win with know when i'm tanking well. Even if my score is something like 2/6/12. Solution: play with better players! haha I know that's not always possible... but it is nice when you can

J122

06-28-2010

I was thanked for the first time as a tank Cho'gath today, but I had to ACTUALLY carry the team AND tank at the same time (going 9/0/16) to get it. No one seems to notice when you get all those assists unless every single rupture you shoot out leads to a kill. I mean you really have to make a difference, like allowing a 1/6 twitch teammate to end up 20/7.

And we tanks get pushed around so much. In that same match, people were constantly saying "tank go tower" as if I didn't know what to do. It's like DPS's think they're masters and tanks are servants.