Propose Mirrored View

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggroll9000

10-19-2011

Propose Mirrored View

You always view yourself as Blue Team and start from the bottom left corner no matter which side you're on. Just have the computer mirror the view and swap the minion colors. America's Army does something like this where you always view yourself as a US soldier and the enemy as terrorists no matter what side you're on. (Oh gawd... I just confused the whole world)

That way, purple minions are always the enemy. You never get confused which side is your nexus is on in the middle of an intense fight between turrets and you would not waste your abilities on a wave of friendly minions. (Don't lie, you know you've attacked your friendly minions) And no complaints about disadvantageous camera angles. (Personally, I hate being on team purple and I suspect mathematically, purple loses more in the long run). Being purple has a poorer angle of view and always has the UI blocking more of your view than being Blue because you fight downwards in all the lanes. A mirrored camera view will always be fair to both teams.

Make this an option on a checkbox. For those that don't want it, it makes no difference. Top is still top. Bot is still bot. Pings are still pings for location.

Problems solved. Fixed. Q.E.D.

iTedRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

1: I've never attacked my minions.
2: I think an option for switching your UI would suffice as well
3: I think there have been many many forum posts about this issue, and I'm sure Riot is considering/has considered this.

moneypouch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Riot has answered this several times. Not physically possible at least not possible without spending way to many design hours on completely redesigning SR when they still need replays and probably a new classic map first. Basically in the simplest terms SR was not designed to be viewed that way. The team with the mirror would be seeing the back side of the models which were never intended to be viewed and therefore never rendered to save comp time. So to create mirrored mode in addition to the actual coding for the camera u would have to make the second half of the SR map (which will force changes to the initial map to keep it compatible).

TL;DR: Not possible, would involve a complete overhaul of SR to a point which they may as well be making a new map.

windrixx

Recruiter

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggroll9000 View Post
Propose Mirrored View

You always view yourself as Blue Team and start from the bottom left corner no matter which side you're on. Just have the computer mirror the view and swap the minion colors. America's Army does something like this where you always view yourself as a US soldier and the enemy as terrorists no matter what side you're on. (Oh gawd... I just confused the whole world)

That way, purple minions are always the enemy. You never get confused which side is your nexus is on in the middle of an intense fight between turrets and you would not waste your abilities on a wave of friendly minions. (Don't lie, you know you've attacked your friendly minions) And no complaints about disadvantageous camera angles. (Personally, I hate being on team purple and I suspect mathematically, purple loses more in the long run). Being purple has a poorer angle of view and always has the UI blocking more of your view than being Blue because you fight downwards in all the lanes. A mirrored camera view will always be fair to both teams.

Make this an option on a checkbox. For those that don't want it, it makes no difference. Top is still top. Bot is still bot. Pings are still pings for location.

Problems solved. Fixed. Q.E.D.
Remember, the enemy gate is down.

Clairevaux

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypouch View Post
Riot has answered this several times. Not physically possible at least not possible without spending way to many design hours on completely redesigning SR when they still need replays and probably a new classic map first. Basically in the simplest terms SR was not designed to be viewed that way. The team with the mirror would be seeing the back side of the models which were never intended to be viewed and therefore never rendered to save comp time. So to create mirrored mode in addition to the actual coding for the camera u would have to make the second half of the SR map (which will force changes to the initial map to keep it compatible).

TL;DR: Not possible, would involve a complete overhaul of SR to a point which they may as well be making a new map.
So basically you're saying Riot isn't going to do their job to make the game better? I'm pretty sure that taking the time to enhance the game so that it is better for everyone is possible and what they are paid to do. So if a redesign of the entire map is what it takes, then that is what should be done. So hopefully this gets fixed in a new patch instead of a new champ almost every week

PressF1

02-16-2012

Even if it didn't change the colors, I'd prefer to be the bottom left team. The UI is on the bottom, which leaves most of my screen available for the other team, instead of having them sneaking under the interface.