Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] Solo Top Windamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

10-21-2011

It's a great attempt at bringing Trynd back, I'll give you that. Your playstyle makes sense with the new Trynd. Being someone who mained AP Trynd before the remake, I hate the remake. Playing Trynd like this will suffice until he is buffed, remade or reverted. One thing, though; your build is way too glass cannon and dependent on enemies either not focusing you, and you winning, or your enemies focusing you, and you dying. I build similar to you, but trade up after IE for atmas, then warmogs. Then I sell wriggles for Bloodthirster.

AIM7Sparrow

10-24-2011

Quote:
Norak:
It's a great attempt at bringing Trynd back, I'll give you that. Your playstyle makes sense with the new Trynd. Being someone who mained AP Trynd before the remake, I hate the remake. Playing Trynd like this will suffice until he is buffed, remade or reverted. One thing, though; your build is way too glass cannon and dependent on enemies either not focusing you, and you winning, or your enemies focusing you, and you dying. I build similar to you, but trade up after IE for atmas, then warmogs. Then I sell wriggles for Bloodthirster.

Well this guide has no intention of comparing old vs. new Trynd so I won't go there. As for my build being glass cannon...well yeah that's kind of what Trynd is thanks to his ult. Getting hp really isn't going to help you as Trynd. You main problem is CC so if anything merc treads, QSS, or GA is all we need. Trynd needs to build glass cannon to make the best use of his ult.

Remember also that build isn't set in stone, 100% every game. That's just a template for what the majority of my games look like. For example, if there is a Nasus on the enemy team I would usually get QSS right after my lantern because his wither is just too brutal against Trynd and you know he's going to be saving it for you every time.

AIM7Sparrow

10-24-2011

Quote:
Linkness:
+1 great guide but Mind if u elaborate on wriggle I personally not a fan of that item I think its expensive and not worth for the price and plus woth the crot he can last hit easily anf have u consider ghostblade? What r ur thoughts on that?

Thanks a lot. I just think that wriggle is a great item overall because it provides a bunch of useful stats into one slot. I mean literally everything it provides is useful so I love getting it. Once you have wriggle you will be nearly un-harassble 1v1 against almost all the common solo tops.

Ghostblade is a great item but I just don't see it having a place in my build. I've tried it before and it just kind of seems hit or miss. A lot of times I'll use the active only to get immediately exhausted or stunned or something and it's frustrating, like why did I even pay for this item if I can't use it's active? I like the phantom dancer a lot more for its permanent movement speed. And what better item to pair with phantom dancer than IE right? 92% crit rate with IE's crit procs seems like the perfect combination to me so yeah ghostblade just doesn't really fit in my build.

Ragnaroked

10-26-2011

lets say you get a few early kills and are doing good can I build my IE before my PD ?

Chaoticon

10-26-2011

IE is useless without crit. PD adds three stats you NEED.

Ragnaroked

10-26-2011

but ie helps you last hit

DoRkZiLLaa

10-27-2011

Quote:
Sniperness:
I've never even considered it tbh. There are better items. Trynd has no problem with his sustain so the AP for the heal really shouldn't matter. Thus, you are left overpaying for those DPS stats.

I've won games with rageblade on tryn. Considering Spellvamp works on physical damage, and spinning slash still has a significant AP ratio, running both guinsoos and gunblade with a spirit visage gives tryndamere ungodly sustain/durability. After boots (greaves, treads, or tabi, depending on the enemy) and that three-item core, IE and a phantom/whisper, (or Thirster and a starks, if youre feeling particularily troll-like).

Its less crit damage, but insane durability. 5v1'ing a team without needing to ult is always satisfying. For best results (though i just run standard Armor pen normally) having crit chance in your runes would probably help keep your spinning slash up.

AIM7Sparrow

11-02-2011

Quote:
Ragnaroked:
lets say you get a few early kills and are doing good can I build my IE before my PD ?

Zeal + IE and berserker grieves is a perfectly fine combination. If I manage to stay out in the field long enough to get the IE + Zeal then I'll go for it but it rarely happens, (and I don't try to force it to happen either) Phantom dancer really is a great item for the huge mobility it provides via its passive move speed and huge attack speed + crit rate which keeps your E constantly refreshing CD.

Oza64

11-02-2011

I like how trynd can afk farm 300 cs

AIM7Sparrow

11-10-2011

bump