Akali is overpowered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PanickingAttack

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepugs View Post
I was playing Caitlyn and decided to harass Akali with my auto attack, but she used her ultimate to leap onto me and nearly killed me, as though she's some kind of bursty assassin champion.

So I used flash, but she then leapt to me again with her ultimate and killed me anyways. Why can't I use my crutch abilities and spells/flash to escape a situation where stupidity put me?

I mean, it's almost as though she's a champion who's sole purpose and existence is to punish terrible decision making. What a ridiculous concept. I am a bad player and I should be allowed to make bad decisions and get away fine.

Nerf.
Your playing caitlyn. She doesnt have a decent escape. Akali destroys caitlyn because bad escape+super dash= you wont escape her grip

PanickingAttack

10-19-2011

Look akali has nice burst damage but building mr really hurts her. she isn't good against tanky players unless she is honestly THAT fed. All you have to do is play cautiously. And if you are complaining about akali, either your playing a squishy (her sole purpose is to punish them) or you really don't know how to build tanky enough. And oracles is very good against akali. 50 armor and MR from shroud is good but it wont completely make akali unkillable. Don't complain about a champion unless if they really don't have a hard counter against them. Every champion has a weak spot.

Itszuvalex

10-19-2011

Love making Caitlyns rage. About time they had something to complain about.

Atomicpuma

10-19-2011

Jesus Christ...
Forget about a Zombie Apocalypse coming... people are already brain dead...

People don't really understand the op thread. Let me explain seeing as I had to facepalm twice, and use anothers' palms too.

IT IS CALLED SARCASM. Yes SARCASM. And yet people are still too stupid to realize it...
Want proof: "Why can't I use my crutch abilities and spells/flash to escape a situation where stupidity put me?

I mean, it's almost as though she's a champion who's sole purpose and existence is to punish terrible decision making. What a ridiculous concept. I am a bad player and I should be allowed to make bad decisions and get away fine.
"

Akali is FINE, no changes from previous patches. How did she become so OP? She is the flavor of the month. Just like Singed.

Problem is people always *****... And yet they don't understand.

RealManOfGenius

10-20-2011

Hey guys please don't nerf my incredibly easy to use, overpowered champ that beats 99% of champions in 1v1 and often even 1v2, requires 125 gold wards just so you can hit her, never has to leave lane because she has crazy life sustain and an infinite energy pool. All the non-Akali players are just bad, she's not OP!

All players in a game with Akali should just spend 125 gold on pink wards every time they b, and buy a Force of Nature, and also everyone on the enemy team should have some sort of CC, duh!

MrShau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

if you guys have so much problem against Akali, here are couple of suggestions:

1.) Stop using Carries. Akali is meant to hunt down carries like yi, ashe, (wait for it...) cait, and ap squishies and use Melee fighters if you can't deal with not able to right click your way to win every time in 1 vs 1
Problem with this solution may include Kog being the next target for qq fest

2.) Get better with your carry and actually learn how to out play an assassin like Akali who are designed to hunt you down and gut you. Running & avoiding 1 vs 1 is usually a great option.

You can't nerf Akali, she is satisfying her role in LoL functioning as an Anti-Carries. With that said she does have her down falls. I have been fighting countless Akalis on dominion and her down fall comes in team fights seeing she is single target nukes. Champions like Rammus with taunt will easily destroy her. Actually making sure your team have cc is a good idea before locking in the match.

Basic Food chain: Akali eats Carries. Rammus & tanky melee fighters eat Akali.

With that said there are exceptions when "good" players overcomes this, and they did not cry on forum & wait for an unreasonable nerf to do so.

ImAFckingDragn

10-31-2011

What about when I'm playing Singed and she three shots me with 140 magic resist and I can't do jack or **** against her. Did they make Singed a carry when I wasn't looking? She gets stupid powerful early game with almost no feeding required...

Alithalor

10-31-2011

@Bluepugs - Please include the following statement "Before posting please define sarcasm"

Zarthorn

10-31-2011

I love the Akali defenders who are still trying tooth and nail to keep her OP.

The truth of the matter is and I've played Akali and awful lot myself (not as of recent as I tend to move away from champs that sheep associate themselves with) she is far too cost effective as a champ when compared to every other Assassin, Anti-Carry and general burst AP.

By cost effective, I refer to her stats and free gold passives not her IP or RP pricing, let me throw a comparison for you:

Akali vs Talon

I just thought I'd go with this one as Talon often gets a lot of QQ thrown his way as well, however unlike Akali, Talon does not have early game sustain, nor does he get bonus stats for free (he gets bonus % damage from CC but if you work it out, it isn't really a lot when compared to Akali's free gold passives) Talon's base damage for an Assassin aside from Rake is also on the lower side when compared to Akalis, thus he needs to build Armor pen to make the most of what he does have.

In a cost effective battle, Akali is relatively cheap to become powerful unlike Talon, Talon needs a Bloodthirster and Yomuu's Ghostblade, Akali needs a Rylai's scepter.

Straight away there is a cost disparity, Akali becomes snowbally off one completed item, Talon needing two, as late game begins to roll around, Akali can build a Lichbane to stay powerful and a Gunblade to grant her much more insane sustain which she will get since she is snowballing from the Rylai's.

Talon however needs to plan his build much more conservatively and can still lose his Thirster stacks if he makes a mistake. Since he is AD he needs to think about possibly grabbing more Armor pen to keep his damage cutting through armor and thinking about if he wants defence an infinity edge or a second thirster, Gunblade is wasted on him as he does not benefit from AP or spellvamp.

So again, further disparities are shown in that Akali can pretty much no brainer it for more damage and Talon has to think about getting armor pen and defence to keep his power levels up to scratch, again Talon risks losing his ganking power should he be killed as his thirster stacks will be gone and thus he will need to farm again.

Furthering the problem is the power of Akali's Shadow Dance vs Talon's Shadow Assault.

Straight away, Talon's stealth is tied directly to his ultimate, thus he does not have the option of using it to escape if he used it to initiate, he also needs to think about his positioning to achieve the maximum damage from Shadow Assault, as if he positions even slightly poorly, he will miss half, if not all of the blade spread. All Akali needs to do is click on a target and press R.

Akali's ultimate also has a very quick stack refresh when compared to Talon's ultimate, sure Akali needs all stacks to be at her most effective, however Akali also gets stacks back on kills and assists which she will be getting, coupled with mark of the assassin, akali's shroud and her sustain Akali can fight for a much more sustained amount of time for a champion intended to be burst related, Talon has to keep entering and leaving the fight as he simply does not have enough sustain nor way of remaining in the combat area without being in danger of being focused quickly.

Sure Akali's shroud is countered by an oracles, as is Talons Shadow Assault, however it does little to change the fact that Akali is a burst champ primarly with all sorts of extras that make her quite sustained in drawn out fights given the right conditions.

If Talon cannot use his Shadow Assault effectively, he loses a large component of his burst and his only method of escaping outside of summoner spells.

================================================== ========================

Take what you will from what I wrote there, but I can honestly tell you, Akali is not fine like some would have you believe, if anything she is an absolute prime candidate for a rework as I don't see Riot being able to do any nerf work to her without making her either absolutely useless or removing any kind of fun aspect from her.

Edit: Yes I'm aware how to counter Akali before that one is thrown in, doesn't change the fact that she is broken by design though does it?

WaffleGasm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Gotta love all these idiots taking this thread seriously lmfao. Even though it is OBBVIOUSLYY a joke