[Kassadin] Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

09-04-2009

I've been playing Kassadin quite a bit the last couple of weeks.

Before the patch, his force pulse triggered after 4 spells cast, and I thought he was well balanced. He was playable in competitive games, but not OP in them, and filled a niche roll.

After the patch, I've tried him several times, and twice in competitive scrims, and the "6" casts for his force pulse makes him significantly more useless in 1v1 or 2v2 situations. It also makes force pulse useless for farming since he can't really trigger it alone without a team battle.
Imo, he's not not good enough for competitive play.

His force pulse should be moved back down to 4 or 5 casts to trigger it.

AND/OR

His "w" skill, imo, is useless for competitive play, imo. He's supposed to be a mage assassin, but he's never going to run a mage out of mana by auto-attacking them even with a rank 5 on this spell, and if he sits there and tries to go head to head with a DPS with auto-attacks, he's going to die long before he drains much of their mana.

IMO, this skill needs a remake, and I have 2 ideas!

Option #1:
Make it a wit's end affect instead of a mana drain affect. Each level of the spell drains + DAMAGES (instead of drains + gives it to kassadin).

Option #2:
Each of his melee attacks has a 5/10/15/20/25% chance of -silencing- his opponent for 1 or 1.5 seconds.

I think both of these options fit him MUCH better. and would make the skill worthwhile rather than useless.

Obviously, these remakes would make him better, so if it is remade, his force pulse might have to stay at 5-6 instead of 4 so he isn't OP.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

09-04-2009

5 might just be the magic number, though. It was always up with 4, and it doesn't seem to be up enough outside of team battles at 6. Maybe 5 will do it.

I like your ideas for W remakes. I haven't played him myself in a real game, but it doesn't ever seem that W would make a huge difference other than maybe giving you mana for one more spell.

Sco0oby

Adjudicator

09-04-2009

I disagree with him being useless in competitive play, altho you might just go and flame me a noob if you want to

I am not sure what to think about the nerf, the only thing it changed for me was early laning, where the spell needs much longer to be used now (sometimes im the only one of 4 ppl in the lane using any spell at all, just to use force puls at some point).

later in the game, it doesnt matter at all, bc i only need 1 successive cast of it to kill while ganking and in teamfights i can spam it anyway.

kassadin farms rly well with golem buff, he can clear all neutrals in less then 2 minutes and he doesnt need force pulse for that (which still is great for 1 hitting a giant push anyway)

so, your ideas..

nr 1 seems fine to me and would certainly make kassadin stronger too (i dont use W at all even tho on low lvls, manapools can make a difference)

nr 2 is not option, since he would have 2 silences, even if 1 is chance based.

so basically, i think, you sir, are wrong. his W could use a rmk tho.

Bad Locksmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2009

Yeah I find myself farming force pulse charges (a la ulting in the fountain) again, which is bad. It still triggers off of other people's casts, so it's still spammable in team fights. However, like you said, smaller fights make it harder to use. I find myself laning with spammers such as lich and Evelynn whenever I can to ensure I always have force pulse charged.

And I agree, the only time I knowingly take advantage of Kassadin's W is against tanks and their tiny mana pools. Other then that, I rarely mellee casters (except for lichbane procs).

Option 1 could work... though I think the skill is designed to help keep up Kassadin's lacking mana pool. If it could drain mana and do damage based off of the mana drained, that'd be neat, even if it's just a little.

Option 2 could easily be taken advantage of by stacking attack speed and perma-silencing anyone.

Maybe have each consecutive hit drain even more mana (following the example set by his ult) and/or if his attacks give charges towards his force pulse (the higher the rank, the fewer the attacks needed to add a charge to force pulse, so at rank one every 10 attacks would add a charge, and at rank 5 every 2 attacks would add a charge). This could give Kassadin more incentive to be a mellee attacker and a caster.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-04-2009

I agree with a lot of the proposed issues. Nerfing his force pulse wasn't necessary at all, he was near perfect in terms of balance aside from his "W" ability. Anyone who's good at Kassadin knows that building an AP + mana item set is so much better than giving him a physical DPS item build. W is just.. Horrible. I suggest making Nether Blade completely different. Remake:

"Nether Blade"
10% of damage dealt by Kassadin's "Q" and "E" spells charges up his blade to X amount, with a limit of 100/115/130/145/160 (+.2x ability power). Upon attacking, Kassadin releases his stored energy, stealing mana equal to the amount of energy he has stored and dealing damage equal to the amount of mana he steals.

Hedgehog

09-04-2009

I havnt really had a problem casting Force Pulse every time its off cooldown in gank fights. I think even Kassadin can self charge it fast enough at higher levels with Null Sphere and Riftwalk.

But yea, his Nether Blade is awful, it reaches its peak at rank 1.

EDIT: and I think your option 1 suggestion to make it burn and damage would be overpowered. 5~ damage for every 100 mana really adds up quickly on low health casters with 3,000 mana.

Removable Disk F

09-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post

[In regards to force pulse]

His force pulse should be moved back down to 4 or 5 casts to trigger it.

[In regards to his q move]

Make it a wit's end affect instead of a mana drain affect. Each level of the spell drains + DAMAGES (instead of drains + gives it to kassadin).

Obviously, these remakes would make him better, so if it is remade, his force pulse might have to stay at 5-6 instead of 4 so he isn't OP.
As a person who also plays Kassadin quite a bit, I will say /Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
I agree with a lot of the proposed issues. Nerfing his force pulse wasn't necessary at all, he was near perfect in terms of balance aside from his "W" ability. Anyone who's good at Kassadin knows that building an AP + mana item set is so much better than giving him a physical DPS item build. W is just.. Horrible. I suggest making Nether Blade completely different. Remake:

"Nether Blade"
10% of damage dealt by Kassadin's "Q" and "E" spells charges up his blade to X amount, with a limit of 100/115/130/145/160 (+.2x ability power). Upon attacking, Kassadin releases his stored energy, stealing mana equal to the amount of energy he has stored and dealing damage equal to the amount of mana he steals.
Also a cool idea.

Kid Heart

09-04-2009

I Agree. Force Pulse didn't really seem to need to be nerfed, and his w skill really isn't that useful. At the very least we should at least get some more mana out of the attacks.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

09-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post

"Nether Blade"
very cool idea.

Foreshadowed

09-04-2009

I lurv the new Nether Blade idea