How do you jungle udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
so should i build sheen, phage then wits end?
im levelling R>W>R>E>R right now
Personally, I would go Sheen, Merc Treads, then Warmogs. Why? You have a large damage output provided you stay alive. You are your teams semi-tank, and I really think you need that Warmogs. If you don't like Warmogs, get Frozen Mallet, another item that synergizes super well.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

What would my typical jungle build be considering the gmae is balanced (see-saw) and there is a support tank AD and AP (no clear threat)
what would my build be against a balanced team if i want to be more tanky than deal damage

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-24-2011

Eww yuck not sheen before Wit's. You start cloth+5pots, then finish level 2 boots ASAP (typically Mercs, sometimes Tabi depending on enemy team comp), and then you save up for your Recurve Bow (in case I have the name wrong, the +40% AS item) right away. This is because Phoenix Udyr relies on his 3rd hit proc to do damage -> you need attack speed so you get that proc faster (similar in reason to why you get AS runes on Phoenix Udyr). With that increase in AS, you'll be clearing the jungle super fast, and have pretty good AOE damage in teamfights. Even with just Wit's you're doing the 200AOE proc, Phoenix AOE activation damage, and 40 magic damage per hit. Not bad.

Personally, I would go Trinity as a last item on Phoenix Udyr (if I get it at all) - I prefer to play him as a tanky DPS. Build your cloth armor into an Aegis, then consider getting, in no particular order: Randuins, Force of Nature, Banshee's, Sunfire, etc. (basically build depending on enemy team comp, as always.) Udyr has great base HP, so getting resists are awesome on him (even more so when you factor in his turtle giving him an extra 200HP every 6s or something similarly ridiculous.)

Shrimpeh

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb0y View Post
Eww yuck not sheen before Wit's. You start cloth+5pots, then finish level 2 boots ASAP (typically Mercs, sometimes Tabi depending on enemy team comp), and then you save up for your Recurve Bow (in case I have the name wrong, the +40% AS item) right away. This is because Phoenix Udyr relies on his 3rd hit proc to do damage -> you need attack speed so you get that proc faster (similar in reason to why you get AS runes on Phoenix Udyr). With that increase in AS, you'll be clearing the jungle super fast, and have pretty good AOE damage in teamfights. Even with just Wit's you're doing the 200AOE proc, Phoenix AOE activation damage, and 40 magic damage per hit. Not bad.

Personally, I would go Trinity as a last item on Phoenix Udyr (if I get it at all) - I prefer to play him as a tanky DPS. Build your cloth armor into an Aegis, then consider getting, in no particular order: Randuins, Force of Nature, Banshee's, Sunfire, etc. (basically build depending on enemy team comp, as always.) Udyr has great base HP, so getting resists are awesome on him (even more so when you factor in his turtle giving him an extra 200HP every 6s or something similarly ridiculous.)
Cool story bro, tell it again

BeastlyLambo

10-26-2011

I like to use tiger and 9-11-10 masteries, neutral buff duration, smite and ghost masteries, cd reduction in offense and the mpen. runes i go ad quints and 3 ad reds and 6 armor pen red (to scale with tiger and shred most of the minions armor), flat armor yellow (I assume dodge works well too because of his passive), cd reduction blue or flat magic resist for the ganks. I go blue, wolves, wraiths, red and golems. I usually end with full health about 1 health pot left, oom but blue takes care of that so I gank right after golems. Getting a leash for blue is also nice.

Groveybear

10-26-2011

AS, Dodge, and MR runes.
Phoenix first.
I like to steal their blue first, if possible, then go back to your golems, and wraiths, then your red, and your wolves. B, and then go get your blue, and start to gank, and then you just go wherever needed, I like so get dragon as soon as I get Wriggle's.

XTreeX

10-26-2011

wriggles isnt that gr8 an item on wriggles is it? btw are dodge runes a must? it seems you dont dodge that often even with your passive