Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master yi damage or attack speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingrev3nge

06-16-2010

Can you give me your opinion is that better for yi to build with damage or attack speed?

I think is better to buy damage and attack speed and if you have a good build just send the link there.

thank you

Leirkov

06-16-2010

GO AP. hurrhurr

But to answer your question, a mix of AD/AS is good, but he needs to be able to dish out a truckload of damage, so a combination of items like Infinity Edge and Last Whisper are good. Remember that Yi has a built in attack speed increase in Highlander, so he doesn't need to stack a ton of AS items.

Kingrev3nge

06-16-2010

Ill go with razor then berseker boot after phantom dancer infinity edge is that good or give me some better item from start

Leirkov

06-16-2010

Start with a Doran's Shield and an HP Pot, imo, because it'll let you survive (and AD Yi's laning phase is ridiculously terrible). There you can build your boots which NEED to be Mercury Treads because they'll save you from the CC that will be targeted on Yi. You can rush a Last Whisper and Infinity Edge after that. I haven't played AD Yi in a long time so I can't really say from here, because I play AP Yi..

Best guess (don't quote me or anything on it...)

Doran's Shield + Pot
Merc Treads (Ninja Tabi if the team lacks CC)
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster
Second Bloodthirster / Phantom Dancer?
Situational item, if the team has a bit of nuke power (Ryze, Annie etc) then get a Banshee's Veil, if they have a good amount of DPS or you just need more HP, grab a Frozen Mallet, built in 100% slow will be extremely helpful.

Optional: Madred's Bloodrazor if the team is fairly bulky and you need something to help you rip through them.

StoRmRAiL

06-16-2010

i start with the ring instead of shield, cuz i feel that the mana regen helps in using alpha strike a lot more AND if needed, u can meditate if necessary. its up to u really. try both out, but yes,the best builds are usually a mix of both

Kingrev3nge

06-16-2010

yeah but AP build want you have done all skill master yi is not good often so i prefer to play AD i dont know if is the best build but i play good with im so

Keivan

06-16-2010

I've tried a ton of Yi builds, one that works the best for me is:

Zeal
Berserk Boots
Brutilizer
Infinity Edge
Zeal -> Phantom Dancer
Brutilizer -> Yoomuus

Then it's situational, if they have several tanks I get Madreds, if they have some really good DPS I get Frozen Mallet, a really good caster and I get Banshee's.

For a 6th Item I'll pick one of the items above that i didn't get for 5th. Sometimes guardian angel.

Usually game ends trying to build the 5th item.

wanderingsniper

06-16-2010

So too add to the OP, how would a Hybrid type work? Items in question are

Hexblade, Mejals, guinsoo, Lich Bane?

wildfire393

06-16-2010

Yi's best item is Infinity Edge. Dishing out 600+ damage crits is pretty nasty. After that, Last Whisper and Youmu's Ghostblade are very, very good, since they both boost multiple DPS stats, notably Armor Penetration and damage while still packing some Attackspeed. After that, you probably want a lifesteal item, like Bloodthirster, Executioner's Calling, or Stark's Fervor. If you manage those four items + boots, I'd say just pick up another lifesteal item, or possibly Banshee's Veil.

Lizenkugle

08-29-2010

I've put out 1000 damage crits with Infinity Edge, definitely a must have. I have to say that lifesteal isn't that bad for Yi because of his high damage. I have survived several 2v1 fights because of it.