Getting into Ranked. Which Champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Degato

10-19-2011

How does this look to start?

Tank: Amumu / Singed (I have Mao too)
Jungle: Trundle/Shaco (I have WW but am better with Shaco)
AP: Fiddle/Nunu (my Rumble is bugged)
AD: Teemo/Poppy (buying Corki soon)
Support: Zilean

I'm thinking about buying Taric, Morgana and a melee AD carry soon (I have Yi and Poppy but neither excites me really).

Sorry OP, hijacking this thread a bit.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Tank: amumu, or alistar
jungle: udyr or leesin
AD: caitlyn, kogmaw, corki
AP: xerath OP right now, brand, anivia
Support: soraka all the way (or sona)

Chingmeister

10-20-2011

AP HTGB stacked Sivir (just got nerfed bad, need to work on this, used to be amazing)
Tanky AD Sivir with Atmogs + BT
Ranged Sivir with stacked BT + IE
Jungle Sivir with Lantern + whatever
Tank Sivir with Phage + Atmogs + neg cloak
Assassin Sivir with TF + BC
Support Sivir with Aura Items

Seriously, hitting gold is as easy as picking Sivir, and just filling in whatever needs to be done. You honestly don't need to be good with a variety of champions. You only need to be good with 1 that does everything well.

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

First off, in the current meta, there is no "tank" role. It's

AP Or high sustain bruiser top though Talon is doing a great job there right now.
AP burst mid
0-cs support + ad carry bottom
jungler

someone in this group must be able to initiate.

personally I have

support: alistar, soraka, taric, leona
ad carry; corki, trist, ashe (vayne and ccait easily the best choices right now)
jungle: udyr, trundle, pirate (lee sin best, noct also good)
AP mid: karthus, cassiopia, Morgana
Top: singed, morgana, trundle

Solatoral

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebano View Post
First off, in the current meta, there is no "tank" role. It's

AP Or high sustain bruiser top though Talon is doing a great job there right now.
AP burst mid
0-cs support + ad carry bottom
jungler

someone in this group must be able to initiate.

personally I have

support: alistar, soraka, taric, leona
ad carry; corki, trist, ashe (vayne and ccait easily the best choices right now)
jungle: udyr, trundle, pirate (lee sin best, noct also good)
AP mid: karthus, cassiopia, Morgana
Top: singed, morgana, trundle
Does that mean Amumu is a bad pick now, or nobody uses him? :S

If he's not banned, I mean.

Sofear

10-20-2011

AD JANNA (movement speed attack speed crit + AD )

xeyesx

10-20-2011

I would greatly suggest these champs.
Ranged ad carry: Ashe is good because she offers damage and a nice global cc with her arrow. Arrows change games in an instant. Another one would be vayne and or caitlyn. Bit they don't offer cc vayne is better against a tanky team and caitlyn has most range if you don't want to get close. Corki is decent to.

For junglers: you have ww just because his consistency and at lvl 6 has nice Ganks and if counter jungles you should be ok. Udyr is definatly a jungler worth mastering he has good damage cc for Ganks and team fights he can push hard and has good health. Noct and lee are both good to lee is a damage beast and has a lot of space closing ability, Noct well fear and his ult are nice.

Tanky dps. I fond nasus to be good especialy a solo top with farming your q and build tanky for your first items a regrowth pendant and a health pot you can lane well but don't oom your self xin and trynd are good to. Nidalee doesn't fit tanky dps to much but she's an awesome solo top and still pumps out damage like a boss.

Tanks: ali, singed, shen, rammus, galio, gragas, leona, amumu if you can get him. Cho is decent to they all have nice cc with stuns taunts and what not just get 5g/10s and let your ranged ad cs and keep them safe.

Support: sona is great, soraka is good but please don't max starcall or whatever max your heals your a support for gods sake... Janna is awesome because her passive and sheild is op with a slow a POP up and a push back. Zil is nice to especially with a jungler his passive really just makes sure he's ahead of the other jungler I find.

For Ap nuke and what not: I like kennen a lot for team fights he has no mana so that's nice and his ult is just great. Annie is good if you are good with her, akali is kind of a pub stomper... Leblanc is fun and is good at dealing damage like Annie but can also escape! Nid would fit here but remember its not about going 20/0 with Nid its about harrasing and really zoning out laning and pushing you bf and push top lane like a beast get someone to leave and you can rejoin the team fight before they can get back.

Whoever you play though buy wards for the love of god and I didn't put many people in the tanky dps role because I simply don't play a lot of them... Goodluck friend and hope to see you in a match add me if you want to play sometime.