Getting into Ranked. Which Champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntermench View Post
I'm noticing a sever lack of Galio... If the other team picks all AP and you pick Galio you sir just won the game.
Even if they have AD, you just grab a thornmail (A very cheap armor item!) and you're set for defense against AD.

Afraa

10-18-2011

don't forget anti bruiser/melee solotop counter picks like kennen or swain

if you can pick after and you are filling solo top watch for their pick and try to counter if possible it will often give you a verry good early game that can easly help your team snowball

Muztardus

10-18-2011

Also, grab Eve, Twitch and Shaco - good for trolling ranked.

Afraa

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muztardus View Post
Also, grab Eve, Twitch and Shaco - good for trolling ranked.
honestly not even funny

when one person ruins at least 20 minutes for 4 other people thats bad sportsmanship

last night had a twich last pick when we already had another ranged and another assasin

twitch goes top with our assasin for the first 4 levels stealing cs and xp while feeding twice without even being jungle ganked

he then proceeds to attempt to roam for about 4 min

finaly we confronted him in chat and he said "i trolled you" and d/c with another 11-12 min before we could surrender

i can understand having a bad game or even an unconventional build but the kind of trolling you are alluding too is just unsportsmanlike and ruins the game for everyone

So So SuBLiMiNaL

10-18-2011

I'm appalled by the lack of Kog's in peoples lists. He is a beast.

Bamfberserker

10-18-2011

Is Talon any good in ranked? What about champs like Xin and Tryn?

Etherimp

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degato View Post
Why would you even give the option of one for each pick? That is terrible advice.

"Not very good with Noct or Udyr"

Then maybe you aren't ready for ranked? A good player can do well with any champion to some degree. If you still have games where you are giving away a feed fest and making a lot of mistakes maybe you aren't ready for ranked?

I'm 800 or so games in and getting better all the time but I still think I have work to do before ranked.

Posting a new thread...."When do you know you are ready for ranked play?"
Just because you are not "good to some degree" with every champ does not mean you cannot do extremely well with a handful of champions... enough so to help your team win games.

I know someone who is amazing with Lee Sin, Karthus, Nocturne, Annie, TF, etc.. But he's horrible with tanks like Shen, Alister, Amumu, etc. Likewise, I am great with Amumu, Rammus, and other tanks/tanky dps, but I am horrible with Nocturne.

That's why this game has over 80 champs..because not all of them appeal to everyone.

Silent Reaper

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlow View Post
Hi all. Looking at getting into ranked a little more seriously this season. Trying to work on a few champs that would be good for it. So far, I have:

Tank: Singed (could use another)
Jungle: Lee Sin
AP: Orianna
AD: Ezreal

I realize these might not be the absolute best champs for the role (Especially Ezreal), I find them to be enjoyable and pretty good. Any suggestions on others I should learn?

Thanks in advance.
For High Elo (I was +1700 Elo in S1) I recommend
Tanks: Blitzcrank or Leona
Jungle: Noc, Trundle Lee Sin
Ap: Kennen Rumble Brand
AD: ashe vayne and caitlyn
Support: Alistar or Taric.

Muztardus

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraa View Post
honestly not even funny

when one person ruins at least 20 minutes for 4 other people thats bad sportsmanship

last night had a twich last pick when we already had another ranged and another assasin

twitch goes top with our assasin for the first 4 levels stealing cs and xp while feeding twice without even being jungle ganked

he then proceeds to attempt to roam for about 4 min

finaly we confronted him in chat and he said "i trolled you" and d/c with another 11-12 min before we could surrender

i can understand having a bad game or even an unconventional build but the kind of trolling you are alluding too is just unsportsmanlike and ruins the game for everyone
That is bad sportsmanship, true.
He clearly wanted to play Twitch, failed hard and claimed he trolled when he just sucked.

The trolling I allude to is twofold - My preference is to troll the opposition through allchat whilst slicing them up but if someone is being an ******* at selection it's a great way to encourage them to dodge. If that fails, I still personally do my very best to win the game... Nothing trolls a rager like winning!

Sorayai

10-18-2011

replace Ezreal for Vayne or Kog'Maw IMHO. Ezreal is not very good at carrying teams in low/mid-ELO

you will have MUCH MORE success with Vayne or Kog

(this is coming from an Ezreal mainer)

Ezreal simply cannot deal as much sustained damage as Vayne/Kog'Maw, and since lower Elo games last longer than usual, more often than not Ezreal will lose his power before your game ends, thus leaving your team without a strong ranged carry.

unless you have a pubstomp team with Talon/Akali, Janna, Lee Sin, Annie/Brand then I wouldn't pick Ezreal as your ranged carry.

at 1000-1200 people queue dodge Ezreal. for serious.

I love Ezreal too, but he is just not the best choice if you:

1. Want to win
2. Want an easy (ier) win
3. Don't want to tryhard your ass off only to fail at carrying the noobs in the 1200s

another tip: duo queue with someone who likes to solo and take bot lane with a support (or a tank if no one picked support), that way you know 2 of your lanes will probably succeed

good luck!