Morg Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

Since the Sion version of this thread has ended up paying dividends, I thought I would try again with my other favorite Dominion champ because I definitely help building her. So, who buys what for Morg?

At the moment, I'm going:
Catalyst
Tier 1 Boots
Rush Rod of Ages
Finish Sorc Shoes

Everything after that point is very situational. I've gone everywhere from Deathcap to (more recently) stacking armor if the enemy is a mostly AD team.

As usual, help is appreciated.

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

why roa? i doubt it would ever max on dominion

Yene

10-18-2011

I play morg dom alot and I go completely different. I go masteries 9-21-0 which would increase health/defense but decrease CDR and mana regen. My items are based of my masteries and I only use these masteries in Dominion on AP/Support.

Boots + Protectors Ring
CDR Boots
Morello's Tome
Hourglass
Deathcap

Explaination: Money is easy to come by and I find high CDR important but having extra 50+200 health to start is very useful. So ring is very useful and makes up for mana regen decrease of masteries. Morello's Tome would be not to useful with 0-9-21 but is a great addition to 9-21-0, AP+mana regen+CDR. Next Hourglass because it will save your ass and adds more AP. And then for large damage increase to help counter carry's.

ActionButlerGO

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyloslawer View Post
Questions like that, which I have not yet considered, are exactly why I am asking. Thanks to both of you.

Any other thoughts?

Yene

10-18-2011

ROA is useful is bought early enough, but I feel that CDR or Hourglass is more important for the short timespan of the game. There are many great builds but I have found that early game health is very important because I do play a top point morgana. Difference between 700 health and 950 can be whether you get another set of spells off.

KimKelley

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyloslawer View Post

It's pretty easy to get a ROA by 8-10 minutes. Dominion games are usually 24-30 minutes. It'll stack by 18-20 minutes. COnsidering dominion is won or lost, usually, in the last 7 minutes due to rubberbanding one early RoA is worth it. Not to mention the catalyst effect.

ActionButlerGO

10-18-2011

I think my use of the RoA is dictated almost solely by my choice of Catalyst as my first item. I can usually get it pre-10 minutes, so I don't consider it a waste, as such.

Still, any additional thoughts on the matter are welcome.

KimKelley

10-18-2011

I really have a hard time justifying anything other than boots and prospector's ring as first purchases. That first team fight is just too important.

ActionButlerGO

10-18-2011

I admit, that ring had not crossed my mind. I'll give your build a try tonight. It looks very solid. And thanks again for the input.