Elise questions and tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashidesu

05-27-2013

Just got Elise and am in love. Played her when she was free pre-nerf and still love her post nerf.

So I am curious as to how people build her now? I have searched and searched and everything seems stale without good commentary.

Non-jungle/lane: I start either crystalline flask and pots and usually dominate lane or freeze it. I try and buy a tear for mana and the eventuality of grabbing archangel staff/seraphs. After that I get Sorc Boots with a follow-up of Liandry or Rylais. This is where things go a bit wonky. I try to get a defensive item which is either Iceborn Gauntlet or Frozen Heart. Which seems to help out a ton and boost Seraphs benefits. From there Ill grab an Abyssal Scepter , Deathfire Grasp, Rabadons, or Zhonyas.

What do people think? What do you build?
My masteries are either 21/9/0 AP focus or 9/0/21. I find that the utility focus similar to Ryze masteries shines on her quite a bit. Nothing beats laning and harassing with pickpocket, movement speed, and other benefits from utility.

Reason is: in 1 game that I lost. It was a nightmare. My friend and I duo queued a blind draft and we wanted top, lost the call order and the team told us to go bot. Okay by me. MF unfortunately started the game at top allowing talon to farm unhindered. While jungler cursed the whole game and did who knows what. At this point I go up and kill talon and secure mid, SIon from top gets tired competing with MF and goes mid. At this point MF feeds the enemy a bit and our jungler rage quits. Long story short, we lose at that point. Enemy has Vi, Soraka, Pantheon, Talon, and Darus. Sion said I needed to buy armor, but it was too late to react in my build for that scenario when it happened soo fast.

So any tips or constructive comments would be helpful. Maybe get some good Elise post nerf love going on.

Thank you for reading and sorry for the length.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

05-27-2013

Well... typically in a level 30 match, you'd just have a jungler on each team and Elise would either be jungling or solotop.

I think I actually typically run a 9/21/0 for lane Elise and my jungle page is similar but slightly different.

In lane, I'm usually building Seeker's Armguard first, then I'll go for Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Liandry's Torment. From here, the build path is basically situational. But I find Elise does plenty of damage without stacking pure damage items like Rabadon's, so I try to build a bit more tanky.

And I also spend most of my time in spider form, so I tend to not worry too much about mana either.

Ashidesu

05-28-2013

I spent most of my time in Human form while in lane so I could last hit and poke the other champs with the spider. We were bot so I didn't want to get poked by Vi and Soraka with Spider Form.

Yeah, I feel Rabadon's wasn't generally worth it on her. Might try going seekers first. Debating whether I should get the tear or not.

Magical026

05-28-2013

You're building way too much AP.

You should go with a tanky item (e.g. Sunfire Cape, Warmogs), then Rylais and Liandry's, with boots. Then get two more tanky items.

Elise doesn't need much AP because of her %dmg on both Q's. She also doesn't need much mana if you farm in Spider Form (assuming you're in your proper lane, aka top). Spider Form farming is easier (more damage from ult, execute from Q) and better (spends no mana and sustain).

PogoPogoPogoPogo

05-28-2013

I should clarify...

In laning phase, I do stay in human form quite a bit in laning phase, because I farm with the ranged AA and the W aoe damage.

But once we get into team fights or skirmishes or whatever, after I use all my human form abilities, I just finish the fight in spider form (there's some switching back, but I stay in spider as much as possible). So... building Tear of Goddess and Archangel's Staff only helps me in spider form by providing extra AP based on my mana pool.

And by itself, Archangel's Staff isn't good enough unless you're Ryze and scale to mana, or you're a champion like Karthus who just wants a massive mana pool... and is going to build other mana items, like Rod of Ages, etc.

But because we use no mana in Spider Form, it's not worth it for us to buy mana items. It's a waste of gold.

So in lane, particularly early, I'll stand back and farm in human form, but if I'm free farming, I'm in spider form typically.

But as for the general build, I consider Seeker's Armguard, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, and Liandry's Torment to be absolutely core build items. After boots, the last two items are optional and situational. I don't completely rule out Rabadon's Deathcap, but it's just kind of one of those items I'm probably only building if I can get away with it (her spider form auto-attacks do scale with AP... so yea, stacking tons of AP isn't the worst... but you need to focus on being a bit bulkier. Glass cannon Elise doesn't work that great).

Ashidesu

05-28-2013

Thank you. Warmogs too expensive for its benefit on her I feel. I agree core is Rylai and Liandry. I work on seekers and Frozen Heart or Ice Born Gauntlet. I feel that FH or IBG, is almost necessary.