Surrender to late?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drogonno Dragner

10-19-2011

maybe they should start the surrender time at 15 min or when your below 200 points?

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

Never give up! Never Surrender!

Navras20

10-20-2011

Dominion games are pretty short, just fight to the end.

FDru

10-20-2011

What is it with some people's determination to surrender?

The game is so short that you actually have to ask for earlier surrenders? That's so sad I don't even know what to say.

ElevenOfClubs

10-20-2011

I think this is a good idea.

Nexus health is a better indicator of how close to over a game is than time, and there is an inherit limit to how fast a score can reach a certain point, (it is impossible to reach that surrender score before a fixed time). And if the game is 480-150, sometimes you can really just not want to play anymore.

I would add "until at least one Nexus is below..." as there are situations where you may be currently ahead, but it's still obvious you wont win. E.g. that Nasus you've been ignoring can kill your guys 1v3 while you're defending a point. This happened to a team I was on (I don't claim to be particularly good at this game).

A "after x minutes, you can always surrender" does make sense as it makes it impossible for a vastly superior team to troll a weaker team into a situation where the weaker team can neither win nor surrender.

ElevenOfClubs

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
What is it with some people's determination to surrender?

The game is so short that you actually have to ask for earlier surrenders? That's so sad I don't even know what to say.
What happens when your stuck with a team that really rubs you the wrong way, or the matchup is incredibly unfair due to deliberate trolling/feeding or leavers is that the game stops being fun.

We only want to play games that are fun. Once a round has become un-fun, we just want it over with so we can get back into queue and maybe get in an actually fun game.

I think the only time I've seen surrender votes (or "it is too early in the game to surrender") pop up is when its 4v5.

Secondly, a nice thing about making surrender happen earlier if your the kind of player who never surrenders regardless of circumstances, you'd only know from the patch notes and because whiners will be saying "We should surrender" instead "We should be able to surrender".

Jenbuu

10-20-2011

im sorry but this game mode shouldnt have surreneder there are so many chances to come back from being slaughtered

take this vid for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16vdsHCekg
we were winning 438:167 and then we were loosing 7:60 and then we won 5:0

so the scoring in this game makes it that anyone can come back from a defeat and anyone can loose when they are winning

(note i played a horrid game in that link lol and ill hold my hands up to it)

FDru

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenOfClubs View Post
What happens when your stuck with a team that really rubs you the wrong way, or the matchup is incredibly unfair due to deliberate trolling/feeding or leavers is that the game stops being fun.
It ends in six minutes, that's what happens.

Oh, you mean your team is doing reasonably well? Then you definitely don't need to surrender.

DJTK

10-20-2011

There is no reason to surrender. I've been in a few games where me and my team won with less than 10 points. Dominion is the perfect example of why you fight it out to the end. SR is much more reasonable to surrender because of how long the game can be prolonged. The only way you could prolong a Dom game is by not capping towers into your favor(IE: 2 / 2), but everyone is trying to cap towers so it will never actually be like that for long. An average Dom game is 20 minutes.

Quite frankly, they should take surrender out of Dominion. There's no need for it. In the 15 games I've played, I've only seen 1 surrender attempt and that was denied.

crying angels

10-20-2011

The game can turn around so quickly I wouldn't surrender unless I have afk's or leavers. IN which case I agree with op.