(Yordle Support) Squeemoo, The Pygmy Shaman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhengorne

10-17-2011

Squeemoo is the answer that I propose to the large amount of people who crave a yordle-themed support champion. He is a champion that emphasizes area denial, team support, and trapping areas for vision and pestering the enemy team constantly. He also would be a hybrid support, allowing for viability in AP and AD, which I know is something that has also been asked for. This is my first champion concept that I've posted but please tell me what you think. The ability titles might need a little polish.

Aesthetic: Short fuzzy yordle, much like a furry teemo, in colorful tribal clothes, following themes of purple, green, and some red. He always wears a headdress. Squeemoo carries a scepter and a sling, using the sling at distance and whacking melee champions who engage him with his scepter at close range. There is no difference in attack effect, only animation. He carries the pygmy yordles on his shoulders and in a large basket on his back.

Role: Support DPS and Area Denial (much like a nidalee or a janna)
Stats:
Health: Average
Attack: Average
Spells: Above Average
Difficulty: Moderate

In game stats:
Health: 405 +80 per level
Damage: 52 +3.25 per level
Mana: 355 +65 per level
HP/5: 6.96 +.6 per level
MP/5: 7.5 +.65 per level
Atkspd: .625 +3.65% per level
Range: 500 + 5 per level
Movement: 315
Armor: 11 +3.5 per level
Magic Resist: 30 +0 per level

Abilities

Tribal Fervor: (Innate) Squeemoo will store a pygmy yordle every 8 seconds to a maximum of 4 (+1 per 3 levels, so 10 max at 18), this is subject to cooldown reduction. For each pygmy yordle Squeemoo currently is missing he will gain +1.25% movement speed. For each pygmy Squeemoo is currently carrying he has a 1.5% chance to drop a random Pygmy when struck. That pygmy will become active as if it were fired using Pygmy Strike.

Pygmy Strike: (Q Cost: 60mp +5 per rank. Cooldown: 8, 7.5, 7, 6.5, 6.)
Active: Squeemoo loads a pygmy yordle into his sling, flinging it in a line. (skillshot resembling the speed and size of brand's fireball) The first target struck will be knocked back slightly (maokai's or riven's knockback distance) and take 65 +45per rank (+.75 bonus ad and .45ap) This pygmy yordle will then fall to the ground and be stunned for 2 seconds before becoming a Saboteur or Cleric at random.

Passive: Each time you run over an active Pygmy you pick it up, regaining it and increasing your movement speed, and the speed of friendly champions within 250units, by an additional 8% (+1.5% per rank) for 2 seconds. Each time an enemy runs over a Pygmy Cleric or are latched onto by a Saboteur they lose 10%(+2% per rank) of their armor and magic resist for 4 seconds. The effects do not stack but multiple pygmys will refresh the effect. The AoE of this effect is similar in size to nidalee bushwacks.

Pygmy Cleric: (W Cost: 50mp + 5 per rank. Cooldown: 10, 9, 8 ,7 ,6)
Tosses a pygmy yordle to a target area at range 725 with a 200range aoe. The pygmy yordle will heal all friendly targets hit upon landing for 50+25 per rank (+.6ap and .4 bonus ad) The pygmy will then latch onto the nearest friendly champion, granting +10hp /5 and 7ar/mr per rank for the next 6 seconds. Multiple pygmys stack this effect with a 60% reduction. Pygmy yordles will prioritize champions that were closest to the center of their landing zone when thrown. Idle pygmys provide sight of an area as a ward would and last 25 seconds before returning to Squeemoo.

Pygmy Saboteur: (E Cost: 40mp + 5 per rank. Cooldown: 7 at all ranks
Tosses a pygmy yordle to a target location at a range of 800 with a 150range aoe, dealing 100 +30 per rank (+.7ap and .5 ad). The yordle will then attack any champion that ventures into its AoE range, clinging onto them and slowing their movement speed, attack speed, and casting times (not cooldowns) by 20%(+5% per rank) for the next 3 seconds. Attached Saboteurs will deal damage each second equal to 12.5% of your total combined attack damage and ap. Effects stack at a 30% detriment to all effects per pygmy yordle applied. Pygmy yordles will prioritize champions that were closest to the center of their landing zone when thrown. Idle pygmys provide sight of an area as a ward would and last 25 seconds before returning to Squeemoo.

Yordle-Storm: (Ultimate) Cost: 100mp +30per rank. Cooldown: 120, 110, 100 seconds
Sends all active and inactive pygmy yordles to rush their nearest enemy champion. Each pygmy yordle latches on, dealing 30, 45, 60 (+.45ap and .5 bonus ad) and stunning their targets for .25 seconds each. These pygmys act as Pygmy Saboteurs. You may use this ability again within 6 seconds to recall all active pygmy yordles and regain health and mana equal to 25% of their total damage dealt. The mana and health are recovered over the next 5 seconds.

SELECTION: We'll take them out from under their feet!

JOKE: *Rolls on ground* "Get em off me, Get em off me! Oh wait its you guys." *laughs*

TAUNT: *Squeemoo points* Sick Em Boys! *pygmy yordles rush out and run around before returning to Squeemoo*

LAUGH: Squeemoo laughs, being joined in laughter by each pygmy yordle after a short time.

Movement Speech:
1: Pile in and Move Out
2: *Pygmys shouting* Where we goin? *Squeemoo responds* Shh
3: Not so fast, you're going to trip me.
4: Stick together now

Attack Speech:
1: Fear the Little Ones!
2: Rush 'Em!
3: Go for the ankles!
4: They can't beat all of us

Death Speech:
1: Run! I'll...hold them...off... *Pygmys scatter as Squeemoo falls*
2: Quick, to safety! *The pygmys carry off Squeemoo's body and fade into the distance(nearest map/fog of war egde) after he falls to the ground.

Suggested Build
Guinoo's Rageblade
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Liandra's Torment
Trinity Force
Rabbadon's Deathcap
Rylais Crystal Scepter

Alternate Support-Heavy Build
Aegis of the Legion > Bulwark
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Shurelyas Reverie
Shard of True Ice / Twin Shadows
Will of the Ancients
Locket of the Iron Solari

Skin Ideas:

Tribal Squeemoo: Squeemoo wears a totem mask and is armed with a totem pole that fires pygmys.

Hive-Mind Squeemoo: Places Squeemoo and each pygmy in a bug costume with large antenna.

IN CLOSING

I Will be trying to put up a new champion every week. This is something i actually want to do as a career (balancing and design for characters / classes / champions / heroes what have you) so please critique away.

I hope you guys enjoy this idea and please give me feedback if u can! Some of the numbers might need some tweaking down. I plan on working on this more in the future, adding in lore and animations as well as more specific aesthetics and gameplay guides.

Sir Nutmeg

10-17-2011

storm of... YORDLES!? *bump*

Clemenceau

10-17-2011

What I enjoy about it is that not only is each ability an active ability, but that a good "Squeemo" would need an excellent sense of foresight to be able to set up the ult and in chasing.

Intredasting.

Rhengorne

10-17-2011

Shameless Bump. Thanks for reading / commenting.

KingKobold

10-17-2011

Holy **** this is adorable. I love it.

Rhengorne

10-17-2011

lol thanks

Imbel

10-17-2011

Normally, I go through, and comment on each part of the champion, say what I like and dislike (usually dislike). But **** it man, you have done an excellent job. He is effectively a short term warding champ, who is highly anti-assassin/ganker. It's brilliantly designed.

I have one one request. He needs skins. And of course.... one has to be Olimar.

Please review my champion in return:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1307921

Sleepyenvelope

10-17-2011

Awesome champion idea

axLe arsOnist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2011

Yer, I would definitely buy this champ with RP haha. he sounds amazing!

Rhengorne

10-18-2011

Thanks very much for the support. If you have time to I'd like to see some commenting on the abilities / mechanics / balance if you're able to speak to it. At any rate keep it coming, lets get this noticed so in the future we may have the opportunity to throw tiny yordles at our enemies