Best sololaner melee/fighter/tank champion???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonomac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Hi, I'm kinda new to LoL and I was wondering which champion would be the best sololaner melee/fighter/tank champion. I kinda like Malphite but I was wondering if any of the other champions were "better" than him. Thanks in advance for the comments.

SnowTiger

10-17-2011

Irelia
Renekton
Garen
Yorick
Udyr
Rumble
Wu Kong
Nasus

They're all good

Jonomac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

ok, how about an offensive sololaner?

Vek17

10-17-2011

Cho Gath works well

Éįlipsč

10-17-2011

mordekaiser, he may not be as good as he used to be but he can still push the lane like a boss

Kuryaka

10-17-2011

The question is not "which champion is best?" but rather "Which champion is best for me?"

Play them during free week, I feel that Singed is a boss top laner but Talon, Akali, Renekton, and other bursty champs also work if you want aggressive play.

Essentially, anyone with good sustain or ranged farming and/or needs the gold for items should go top. Top gets fewer ganks if you're solotop, due to it being really hard to gank, and being far away from other lanes in case the jungler needs to flow somewhere else quickly.

Vynnr

10-17-2011

Talon and Garen are pretty solid, aggressive top laners.

Gibgezr

10-17-2011

Garen is very easy to play, and can handle Akali (the fave of the month top solo it seems) nicely. Build some MR/Armor/Health as needed (I like Force of Nature/Thornmail/Atmogs), and remember you can spin AWAY and out of CC, not just spin in.

kgbaby69

01-14-2013

Volibear is a great champion to use when you are able to get him. He is ment to be a tank but can be a fighter as well. I use him alot and I have never had a doubt of not using him. So if you like maphite you would like volibear alot better

Rompemann

01-14-2013

Darius
Volibear
Riven
Yorick
Irelia
Nasus

All work great solo top