[Dyrus Analysis] Jax The Armsmaster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-24-2009

\Edit : If you are looking for my guide go here.... http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...788#post156788/

I've been in Queue for two hours so I've decided to give my view of Jax after dedicating myself to playing him as my main hero. I'm really tired so this is a half assed assessment.

The most prolific tournament fighter at the Institute of War, the self-proclaimed "Grandmaster at Arms" rattled off a streak of consecutive wins 152 long. No one had ever achieved even half of that number before, but what made it even more remarkable was that he did so while fighting only 152 matches.

Concerned the peace accords that ended the Rune Wars would be threatened by a fighter who was unbeatable in the arena, the League hastily banned Jax from the arena all together. But in the spirit of the Institute, the League eventually relented, stating that a champion’s skill was no reason to remove a realm’s access to the governing powers of the tournaments.

Jax was reinstated, but with one rule: He is only allowed to fight with weapons the League deems suitable. For now, that list includes a lamppost, a chicken’s foot, a spatula, and a fishing rod.

Empower (Active) *******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/images/champions/icons/abilities/ability_1_24.jpg******** Jax charges his weapon, granting him bonus damage each second for up to 4 seconds, and deals area of effect damage..
Leap Strike (Active) *******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/images/champions/icons/abilities/ability_2_24.jpg******** Jax leaps to attack to an enemy dealing additional damage.
Counter Strike (Active) *******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/images/champions/icons/abilities/ability_3_24.jpg******** Permanently increases Jax's dodge chance. After dodging an attack Counter Strike will become activatable, stunning and dealing damage to surrounding enemies.
Relentless Assault (Passive) *******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/images/champions/icons/abilities/ability_4_24.jpg******** Jax's physical attack on units increases his attack speed for a short duration, and deals bonus damage on every fourth consecutive strike.
Weapon Mastery (Passive) *******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/images/champions/icons/abilities/ability_5_24.jpg******** Jax's incredible understanding of weaponry increases physical damage gained through items.
(Taken from http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...he_armsmaster#)

Now a lot of people have not seen Jax's story before and I think it is one of the best stories out of the mob of heroes.

Empower: A very deadly charged up melee nuke. Dealing massive damage with a whiff of AOE splash. It is a great farming skill but, not recommended for early on ganks.

Leap Strike: Jax's initiating move. You do not want to use this when you are coming from behind because then it'll just be pointless. You only want to use it for chasing and or finishing. Does a fair amount of damage.

Counter Strike: When Jax dodges, he will be able to activate a AOE stun by hitting the enemies around him so hard, that it'll pretty much knock them senseless for a second, which is what it looks like. This increases his dodge, and this is what makes Jax so deadly. This is his anti physical DPS skill that destroys the enemy team when used in the middle of 5. (In team fights anyway)

Relentless Assault: Pretty much his DPS. Adding attack speed and some magic damage to his arsenal he becomes one of the most feared heroes in league of legends.

Weapon Mastery: 15% Weapon damage passive bonus.

Jax is a disabler/assassin/tough/carry/fighter/melee.

People wonder why he's an assassin at some points is because he can pretty much take on any hero 1v1. If he catches you by surprise, you'll be in some trouble if you don't have any escape plans/spells/teamates/ or even turrets to hide behind. Although turrets won't do you much good.

Frozen Mallet: When using Jax you want to be able to survive the fights to do the DPS in the first place, which is why Frozen Mallet is a must. While gaining some attack power, slowing the enemy, and even HP will make you feared by your opponents.

Ninja Tabi: Shouldn't have to be explained. You can go berserkers greaves if you're pure DPS.

Starks ...: Life steal keeps Jax in the fight longer, not only that, you hit harder because of the reduce damage, and you get attack speed. Attack speed is the main source of Jax's DPS because of his ult.

In my opinion these are three must have items, enough to bring a game down. But of course there are glass cannon builds, or AP builds, or tank builds. If I were to recommend any items, it would be these three.

In fights... Jax's job is to get up in the enemies face and stun/hurt people. Unless you're going tank build, it is not recommended to be the one to start the fight, unless you have caught someone off guard. Jax's job is also to carry the team, meaning farming enough, but not to the point where you can't help in team fights. He is a great farmer/ganker at level 6 because of the fact he can tower dive, with a chance of having no tower damage dealt to him at all.

Even with all of his strengths, he has weaknesses too. Starting with Magic damage as his #1 weakness. This pretty much kills him if he doesn't have the counter items. That, and disables.

Well in the end, I'm to tired to type anything else, but aside from what other people think of Jax, I think he is underestimated by other players and pay for it.... Dearly.

Cyclone

09-24-2009

end game jax is insane and can drop almost any hero in seconds

Vukasa

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Play Jax View Post
Well in the end, I'm to tired to type anything else, but aside from what other people think of Jax, I think he is underestimated by other players and pay for it.... Dearly.
Other than this you make some good points. When i see a jax chosen both teams start crying op. He reminds me of the Ryu of this game, everyone plays him and few do it well.

Hatch

09-24-2009

I would definitely agree about those 3 as the must-have Jax items, then branching into either Banshee's or Phantom Dancer depending on what you are facing on the other team. I'm currently debating whether to start with lifesteal scepter - ninja tabi - starks or to do the boots first with some healing pots.

Vindico Atrum

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
end game jax is insane and can drop almost any hero in seconds
Excellent. Everything is going as planned.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukasa View Post
Other than this you make some good points. When i see a jax chosen both teams start crying op. He reminds me of the Ryu of this game, everyone plays him and few do it well.
When I say this, I mean some people just run into Jax, one verse one, by themselves, even if they are two levels higher then him, unless they're ryze or cyro, or whoever else with movement speed control... then it's gg.

ZGBudai

09-29-2009

I think it's time you play out his champion story... for real.

reziel

09-29-2009

Since you play him so much, I'm just curious. . .

What hero would you absolutely hate laning against more than any other? (And his/her runner up?) I'm feeling teemo here, but that's just me.

How/when do you decide to get rune(s)?

if/when you find yourself needing to tank (I don't know, maybe needing to do that is a sign of a poor player and that's just me), what do you get? I usually get tabi, warmogs into bashee's veil and go from there.

What stats rune page do you use?

What is your favorite root vegetable?

Cooking Panda

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post

What hero would you absolutely hate laning against more than any other? (And his/her runner up?) I'm feeling teemo here, but that's just me.

if/when you find yourself needing to tank (I don't know, maybe needing to do that is a sign of a poor player and that's just me), what do you get? I usually get tabi, warmogs into bashee's veil and go from there.

I also would like to know these things, also, what spells do you use?

Dyrus

Senior Recruiter

09-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reziel View Post

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...788#post156788

I just made a guide due from a request from Reginald.

It should answer most of your questions.