Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Improving my ELO with kogmaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

10-17-2011

will playing kogmaw on SR AND dominion raise my ELO on SR and dominion? (mainly dominion) basically what im asking is will playing kogmaw well on dominion carry games because recently ive been losing alot of dominion games because my team isnt that great....
i know that carrying on summoners rift works quite well but im not so sure about dominion.

tl;dr will playing kogmaw on dominion increase my amount of wins? (as build)

thanks guys ( i know its hard because 1 man cant really carry in dominion...its all about the capping.....)

Nexus Crawler

10-17-2011

Didn't know Dominion had a ranked yet. Anyways it I believe only affects your ELO on individual Ranked Maps. You're 3v3 Premade has a seperate ELO then your 5v5 Solo, and 5v5 Premade etc. I'm not 100% sure I don't play Ranked, that's just my understanding from reading the forums and various rules, structure, and whatever else.

XTreeX

10-17-2011

i didnt really mean ranked......just general elo for dom.....any answers related to my question? ......

Domitan

10-17-2011

Not particularly no. That map is all about 1v1/2v2/3v3 skirmishes and kog is great at none of those seeing as there is a slew of characters that can stomp him in a straight up 1v1 fight. He's a good champ in SR, dominion? Not too much. You will do okay but by no means be the main reason your team wins or anything.

EDIT: To emphasize my meaning. Yes you will stomp noobs who don't know how to fight or will not run away when really low, but you will fail when you reach the skill level where people know they can jump on you at any time (especially with akali/xin/etc being the most popular choices on that map). He is a much safer choice on SR where you can have your team protect you. That said, you can still do some great point defense with that ulti.

XTreeX

10-17-2011

i see....thanks Domitan. For Dominion which champ can "carry" so to speak in dominion (that being said you cant carry in dominion 1 man) i play jax alot.......

Nightdancer ND

10-17-2011

Dominion: easy
classic - normal: ok
classic - ranked: your team have to protect you or you are dead and your team will loose (also your positioning is important)

Redenbacher

10-17-2011

Kog'Maw is not very good for assaulting Windmill, but amazing at holding the bottom point. He can easily push the enemy solo out of the lane, and with his ultimate, can keep anyone from even attempting to cap the bottom control point.

Furthermore, since much of the game seems to be overloaded with tanky DPS that stack HP, and glass cannons, Kog'Maw can remove many of them from the fight without putting himself at risk. The key is wise placement of E. If anyone does manage to get in your face, however, you're toast. Abusing your range is paramount to doing well, and since he scales so well with items, you'll find his damage output sufficient to duke it out with some of the toughest in Dominion.

XTreeX

10-18-2011

so many are saying mixed respnses about kogmaw..........
should i stick to jax in solo Q? (blind)

Juzt

10-18-2011

Pick a diffrent champ pls.............If you do in rank you better have the right masteries, runes, and build

He's a great glass canon when used right. Not much you can do for survivability but ghost, flash, his and "E" ability when you need to Gtfo escape.