Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season One Details Revealed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaraxass

06-17-2010

But you guys don't seem to understand : alternative pick is unbalanced, who choose first ? If it's alternative pick with simultaneous pick of 2 opposite players it presents exatly the same problem. What is intersting seeing pro match is too see pro players with their main caracter and this pickmode prevents ppl from specializing in one hero

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-17-2010

But as mentioned on the previous page, blind pick allows for so many gimmicky teams that can win against any team without one of a few specific counters, but said counters counter hard. Yes it is fun to build custom teams w/o the opponents seeing it, but that's what Blind Pick in normal mode is for. Draft allows you to attempt to counter your opponents gimmick teams, while preventing the last second picks seen in DotA (and I hear HoN as well).

This game isn't about mastering a single champion, if that's what you want then stick with blind pick. The game is based foremost on teamwork, so being unable or unwilling to play a champion that better fits your team is very selfish.

First pick isn't necessarily an advantage, but neither is it a disadvantage. (For those who don't understand it, it's not I pick one you pick one... it's: Team A picks one, Team B picks two, A two, B two, A two, B one). Since it goes from 1, to 1-2, 3-2, 3-4, 5-4, 5-5, each team is progressively revealing more of their hand, and it alternates who has shown more of their picks. Earlier picks allow you to get the champion(s) you want, but reveal your picks, so they can be potentially countered by the opposing team.

Neveri

06-17-2010

Will there be a way to trade champions with your teammates, after you've chosen them?

angelface95

06-17-2010

Lool Copying Blizzards WoW page much?

kokaman2

06-17-2010

is it me or does it have a paint of apple in it???

Xaraxass

06-17-2010

Some "gimmicky teams that can win against any team without one of a few specific counters" ? Could you provide some example ? If that's so that mean the game is imbalanced that's not a question of blind pick or not. All the point in blind pick is to build a balanced and polyvalent team. Draftmode just make watching replays ininteresting and if LoL implements this it will be better to go on HoN in the case you seek competition.

KingRon

06-17-2010

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Wazeq

Recruiter

06-17-2010

will it be new champions and new maps? and, when does it comes?!?!?

ImperialLaw

06-17-2010

so, i posted this before, i'll post it again if it goes missing.

why isnt it up yet?

relationships have been developed.
sufficient pandering on riots part and backpatting on the playerships part has been seen through to fruition.
i'm sure youve seen the spike in RP SALES that you wanted out of this dangling of said carrot.

why isnt it up yet?

we dont need a q+a. post that in your ever-so-useful forum and get on with the show.

ppl dont play this game to be informed of oncoming features, they come here to use them.

would it help if i made a bunch of kissyface comments about how cool everything is? i really hope not.

your budget directors dont have meetings about this months kissyface quotient matching the projected kissyface figures.

get to work and give us something ranked that we can work with.

...if that is even remotely close to your actual intent.

enjoy your new car.

bluenuts

06-17-2010

Season 1 NEXT YEAR. Over hype to keep you guys interested to stay a bit longer. Like a Rat chasing cheese on a stick where it can't get it.