Season One Details Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uB J3lazin

06-17-2010

that's so cool finally season one! really cool :P

ShadySlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

nice one. but, i'd love to have a new theme... ye know, main LoL skin.

ifuurmom

06-17-2010

Awesome!!! !! Ratings!! Raatings!! Yesss

chippypoo

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawlcon View Post
Well, I think if you only have a 2-3 man premade, they wont let you play in the 5 man premade bracket. Why would you anyway? You have only 2/3 people, not 5 ~.~
Remember that the brackets are the following:
-5v5 premade
-3v3 premade
-5v5 solo q

Hopefully they've made it so that if you have less then the required amount of people to play in a certain bracket , they wont let you play. If they did, then people who are anticipating to be ranked as a solo qer, find themselves getting their character banned x_x
But see, my point isn't about 2/3 mans getting into 5s, its about the fact that 2/3mans don't have a shot at getting ranked in 5s. For those people that want to play ranked games but lets say they only have 1 friend they play with -- they are SoL.

Take SC2 for example. I can que up for 4v4 ranked with just me and my buddy and we'd get matched up with another 2 to make our 4. So if the matchmaking system in LoL is currently setup to support "finishing" the group for 5s then I don't understand what is the reasoning behind not allowing that for a ranked 5s league?

Runix

06-17-2010

Question:

(I realize that with 243857923847 replies, most questions will get ignored, but I am trying to follow the recommended procedure here)

How will initial ranking be determined, or will all players start at the same rank? Specifically, will ELO factor into initial rank, or later rank?

(The reason I ask is because if ELO figures into ranking, then games right now are psuedo-"ranked", in that they may affect where someone starts out on the ladder.)

Runix

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Absolute View Post
i'm not sure if this has been brought up or not before, I don't spend much time on forums. Regardless I think one of the biggest things that need fixed is the UI. Specifically because the top team as a disadvantage against the bottom team because the bottom UI bar blocks the line of sight of a good distance . . .
They are aware of a statistical difference (like ~2%) in win/loss percent between the top and bottom team, and have stated that they are looking into ways to fix it. For now, it's a factor, but at a very low %, it's not a huge factor.

NukeBoxHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

AWSOME! Those pice are a nice reveal by the way!!

WatchOutFOOOL

06-17-2010

Questions:
i remember reading the interview of Tryndamere, it was said there that when season one comes out that there will be introduced some new maps and possibly game modes. is this true and is there any details you can share?
In that same interview it was also mentioned that there will be greater stat tracking, i.e. all of the champs i have played as and the W/L/A numbers, tower kills, etc.?

love the game and i will continue to spend my money for such a great product, thanks so much

Dakiren

06-17-2010

draft = bad alot of people will stop playing ............ pretty much two champions who are at the time considered the most powerful will be banned from all games remove this feature please.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippypoo View Post
But see, my point isn't about 2/3 mans getting into 5s, its about the fact that 2/3mans don't have a shot at getting ranked in 5s. For those people that want to play ranked games but lets say they only have 1 friend they play with -- they are SoL.

Take SC2 for example. I can que up for 4v4 ranked with just me and my buddy and we'd get matched up with another 2 to make our 4. So if the matchmaking system in LoL is currently setup to support "finishing" the group for 5s then I don't understand what is the reasoning behind not allowing that for a ranked 5s league?
For teams of two, you join the solo queue (see the 6th pic 'SR 1's & 2's). For teams of three, you can play TT. Teams of 3-4 are out of luck for SR, but this means they don't need to worry about too many ranking groups. I imagine they're working on different sized maps at the moment (I see 4v4, 1v1 and possibly 6v6 or 7v7 in the future)