Reina: The Tidal Mistress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jt0896

10-16-2011

Reina was a child unlike most, she had an uncanny interest with the sea surrounding her home, the island of Mepholon. Every night, despite her parents scoldings, she would sneak out of the house to rest on the shore, letting the waves splash around her for a few hours, when her parents, worried, would find her in the same place they always did, and they took her home. But one night, when Reina had sneaked out of her house and had proceeded to the shore. An object fell from the sky and crashed into the water. She swam out to meet the object and to her surpise when she took it to shore the water followed her. She realized the object must be magic and hid it in her clothes. Her parents the next morning were doubly surprised, she was in her bed, and the stone was floating above her head with water surrounding it.

Her parents later that day, went to the palace of her city and showed the councils the child. Reina was immediately accepted into the Institute of Magic and was trained for years to harness the powers given to her by the strange stone. After 10 years of living and training in the Institute of Magic, Reina, hearing of a man that specializes in the magics of stones and gems in the League of Legends, she decided to find this man. She bade her parents goodbye and left for the League of Legends. On her voyage her ship was caught in a violent storm and was wrecked, Reina drifting in the wreckage and seaweed was found by two dolphins who swam her to shore. As she stumbled up the shore she looked behind her and saw the debris rinse on to the shore, the wreckage of her ship, how her friends and possessions had been destroyed in the wreck, and now she was left with nothing familiar in a strange land. When she looked back again and noticed, the tide was still there, and so was the stone. She looked ahead of her and entered the League of Legends, determined to discover the secrets of her powers.

Q: Fog A cloud of fog surrounds the target, reducing their field of view to 725, their attack speed by 5%(x1.5/level) and their magic resist by 5(+2/level), for 5 seconds when cast on an enemy champion. Increasing the armor by 20(+5/level), and dodge chance by 5%, as well as slowing any enemies within 625 of allied champion by 8% for 5 seconds.
80/95/110/125/140 Mana
400 Range
15 second cooldown

W: Saturate Heals an allied champion for 50(x1.5/level), when cast on an enemy champion it silences them for 1 second.
50/70/90/110/130 Mana
675 Range
10 second cooldown

E: Tidal Wave Reina sends a wave at her target dealing 30(+1/3/level) to each enemy hit and slowing their movement speed by 6% for 1.5 seconds. Allied champions standing in the path of the wave have their movement speed increased by 4% for 2 seconds. Tide is reset after this attack.
80/100/120/140/160 Mana
700 Range
20 second cooldown

R: Sirens Call ? Reina stuns enemy champions within 675 of her, and deals from 50/80/110-100/160/200 magic damage per second depending on their proximity to Reina. Allied champions are healed for 1/2 the damage caused during the spell. The duration of the spell is reliant on Reina's total amount of tide (3+0.5tide).

Passive: Spiritual Tide When Reina kills or assists against an enemy she gains tide, tide increases your ability power by 10 per unit.
When Reina uses her R ability it resets her tide. Tide also stays between lives.

So my first suggestion, please tell me what i should add or change.

jt0896

10-17-2011

Oh and if you have any suggestions for the ranges of her ability or even pointers for reference please say.

jt0896

10-22-2011

Bump

jt0896

10-23-2011

Bump...
I cant improve it if nobody posts.

Insanityfair

10-24-2011

Bumping a lot is bad form, if it's ignored, it's ignored (the sad cycle of champ concepts)
Anyways, apologies in advance for being too blunt or critical in my critique.

Seems a little lackluster in both support and damage aspects, though not overwhelmingly so.
Lacks scalings, and I'm somewhat confused as to the increases on her Q/W/E abilities.
A 3 second AoE stun is a little much, especially with potential to increase to 5+.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

A lot of the numbers a confusing me, probably cause i am sick. but when doing numbers keep it like this Ex. 20/40/60/80/100 (+.5 ap) damage

All the numbers seem a little low, but im not a math wiz when i cant think.

i like the R and the passive and how they relate, its unique. But the passive needs to cap at something otherwise i would never use her ultimate and id just keep the ap.

Passive: You aren't going to get champion kills with the low damage your champion does. but if you do there needs to be a different amount of AP gain per assist and kill

Elithik

10-24-2011

With the Q can it be used on both an ally or enimy of is it an AoE?

jt0896

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWater Dragon View Post
With the Q can it be used on both an ally or enimy of is it an AoE?
It can be cast on both allies and enemies, it sort of works like Graves smoke screen.

jt0896

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marumoxkuro View Post
Bumping a lot is bad form, if it's ignored, it's ignored (the sad cycle of champ concepts)
Anyways, apologies in advance for being too blunt or critical in my critique.

Seems a little lackluster in both support and damage aspects, though not overwhelmingly so.
Lacks scalings, and I'm somewhat confused as to the increases on her Q/W/E abilities.
A 3 second AoE stun is a little much, especially with potential to increase to 5+.
Sorry about the excessive bumping but i planned to post more in this forum and i wanted to know something to go off of. Well anyway, with the increases on the QWE abilities instead of putting the increases, I just put the scale factor, so for Q it would be 5|7|9|11|13 for the magic resist debuff. The stun I added for extra use and considered making it a taunt but decided it wouldn't really work based on how she would probably be built with mainly ability power. So should I just change it to a flat stun of say 2 seconds, or just eliminate it all together?

jt0896

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee View Post
A lot of the numbers a confusing me, probably cause i am sick. but when doing numbers keep it like this Ex. 20/40/60/80/100 (+.5 ap) damage

All the numbers seem a little low, but im not a math wiz when i cant think.

i like the R and the passive and how they relate, its unique. But the passive needs to cap at something otherwise i would never use her ultimate and id just keep the ap.

Passive: You aren't going to get champion kills with the low damage your champion does. but if you do there needs to be a different amount of AP gain per assist and kill
I For the numbers I just went off on the only two champions I really played at the time because i knew their ranges. And for damage I just guessed at about how much each would be. For the passive i was thinking more along the lines of minions. But in hindsight I think that lowering the ap bonus might be better if its exclusively minions. For the cap I hadn't really thought about that but I think without changing the amount of ap per kill I think I'd cap it at about 5-10.