The tragedy that was WCG Australia LoL Nationals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grimku

10-31-2011

Terrible.

ACEUUUUUUU

11-01-2011

that is just horrible

Isobri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Well...it sounds like the third party Riot contracted to do the tournament did as good a job in AUS as WCG did for us in america.

Here's a thought: Although I've had zero experience hosting tournaments, I have an I.Q. over 80. I've also run my 5 person office NCAA March Madness pool, so like 90% of everyone I know how a bracket works. Hire me to host these things. I guarantee I could do so without last minute rule changes, horrible inconsistencies, red eye flights, and not enough beds for competitors.

BunnyMilk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

wow that sucks

Kydrone

11-01-2011

Riot needs to change things and admit problems with their partners beyond, we'll be better next time..

You can bet if I goofed off half as much as this in my job, I'd be looking for a new job.

Maario

11-01-2011

wow, what a freaking joke.

zztt

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSturm View Post
I just wanted to make a response to this--
We do take our competitive gaming presence very seriously here. We're aware of this report and the team is looking into the details. We work with different leagues to try and provide support for tournaments, but we do have leagues running events without direct oversight.
We do frequently have staff onsite (I was at the IPL in Atlantic City myself a couple of weekends back).
We do want to support our fans to the best of our ability and we'll continue to provide feedback and guidance to the hosts of such events.
Again, we're looking into the specifics of this instance.
Hey! Are you the same CaptSturm who worked for NCSoft on Lineage 1? If so, nice to see you here.

DireRaven

11-01-2011

So WCG is incapable of running smooth tournaments on a regular basis... why does Riot let them tarnish it's image?

Grim Reefah

11-01-2011

What's funny Australia is over here we're doing best of 3 sets of 3 sets of 3

YouGotTheTouch

11-01-2011

Stay classy, WCG. Seriously, all sorts of shenanigans have been going on this year, across different games. The event is supposed to be the olympics of videogames, but instead it's a joke.