The tragedy that was WCG Australia LoL Nationals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

bump for first page viewing.

x5 Kakurock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-16-2011

It shows how "WELL" the competition has been ran when you compare the WCG event with a local event in Sydney. The WCG event (Should of been the biggest esport event you are going to get in Australia) had 3 state qualifiers (Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne) with a combined turn out total of 18 teams? Now, a locally run LoL competition by City Hunter in Sydney also had 3 qualifiers (Chatswood, Burwood and Chinatown) and the turn out was over 20+ teams competing.

Jayhawks

10-16-2011

sounds like it sucked mate, sucks that tls was pretty average, get more upvotes for this, eat a meat pie for me, and give a couple winks at some sheilas and you'll be right as rain

accordina

10-16-2011

bumping

this sounds like the helding party just dont give a sheet about participants. "you kids are paided for games, so we are the boss huh?"

we desire a comprehensive explanation from riot. this is absolutly disrespectful for all the teams and the e-sport event.

Huggle

10-16-2011

I think the key thing was that Yons was running the Tteal charity event online at the time when really he should have been the one put in charge of the event. If anyone has a vested interest in making the LoL scene in Australia thrive and the knowledge to do it, it's Yons.

Twixiee

10-16-2011

that's... so fu*ked up!
almost makes me glad i didn't make it to the nationals! ;x

Twixiee

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetNZ View Post
To make matters worse you lost the RWC to the All Blacks.

My heart bleeds for you over the terrilble eSport organisation but the kiwi in me is still living in the excitment of the win over our cousins.
psh its ok we destroyed you in league *nods*
cuz.. league... is so much more respectably than union...
*breaks down in tears*

Kingpin

10-16-2011

Redo tourney online imo

Tekromancer

10-16-2011

Wow.
Only it wasn't just the nationals that was bad.
My team was in the Brisbane Qualifiers, the one that actually got moved to the Gold Coast.
TLS/WCG changed the dates on us 3 times. Three days before the 2nd date my captain found out the date was moved 3 weeks later. The WCG website and the TLS website both had different dates, he found the right date from their facebook page, yep, we relied on a social networking site for the correct infomation. We paid and extra $80-$100 for each player to change flights and accommodation.

Oh, we they forgot to actually mentiont that the their was two locations as well. TLS said Brisbane qualifiers at an Internet Café in the suburb of Fortitude Valley, once again 3 days the real event, the LoL qualifers were being played in the Goldcast, an 1.5hr train ride away. And to add to all up, the dats were still wrong, we were told it was being played over the weekend, not that it was only being done on the sunday, whole day free to do nothing.

I've already got lovely comments on their facebook (should be one there about the "secret qualifer", and they keep deleting the comments on the TLS site.

-.-

QonnectioN

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcMSi Kakurak View Post
Not to mention we still haven't received the prizes from the qualifiers, some which were done 2 months ago. And the promise of a "SECRET" last chance online qualifier which was so "SECRET" it never happened.

Also out of curiosity, did they mention any prizes for the actual final? We all know the winner gets the trip to South Korea, but was there any other prizes?
Ya the prizes for the qualifiers for first place was 2k in prizes, which none of the teams that came first received. It was actually "quietly" removed from the official rules and they never replied back to any emails regarding them.

And no prizes were mentioned what so ever for nationals except the trip to Korea.

I'll update the front page with another thing that really bothered me.

Btw kak, I was really hoping the Archaic boys could make it. Inertia had no place in that tourney imo.