Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

06-15-2010

Mordekaiser player thinking of buying Pantheon. I'm basically going to interchange between the two because my main teammates keep switching around. Sometimes some teammates are online and sometimes they aren't, which is basically why I want to branch out so we don't get stuck with 3 tanks and 2 squishies on a team.

Anyways, my main point is how well does Pantheon fare? At first glance, it's kind of ecstatic for a Mordekaiser player like me to be able to ACTUALLY stun someone lol. Another thing that stuck out was Pantheon's ability to be such a great team champion after level 6 because his ultimate naturally lets him reinforce any ally on the map anywhere.

Ahahaha, either way, I'll probably end up buying him but I just wanted to know from the more experienced anti-Pantheon and Pantheon players out there what his general limitations and potentials are.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

Hey :P I play both morde and pantheon a lot, so I hope that will help XD

Pantheon is a cool guy, he can harrass well and cna do tons of damage. On the other hand, he's squishy. That's why i strongly recommend the common cleanse/ghost combo. It really helps. Once you have that, you can play super agressively

Pantheon is good for his global ultimate, but you'll need some practice with that. His limitatins come from the fact that he can do only phisical damage, and you can be exhausted. Even tho you should have cleanse, i don't recommend wasting it to remove exhaust - in a battle you'll need to save it for the hard CC.

On the other hand, he has vast potential - a way pulled ult can deal 1000 damage (before resistances) to all the guys in a fight + a nice slow. Your AoE spell can be devastating with the right positioning. He can be an effective carry.

SethCypher

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
Hey :P I play both morde and pantheon a lot, so I hope that will help XD

Pantheon is a cool guy, he can harrass well and cna do tons of damage. On the other hand, he's squishy. That's why i strongly recommend the common cleanse/ghost combo. It really helps. Once you have that, you can play super agressively

Pantheon is good for his global ultimate, but you'll need some practice with that. His limitatins come from the fact that he can do only phisical damage, and you can be exhausted. Even tho you should have cleanse, i don't recommend wasting it to remove exhaust - in a battle you'll need to save it for the hard CC.

On the other hand, he has vast potential - a way pulled ult can deal 1000 damage (before resistances) to all the guys in a fight + a nice slow. Your AoE spell can be devastating with the right positioning. He can be an effective carry.
Lol, I failed to mention we have an amazing Twisted Fate on our team. Which was why Pantheons ability to reinforce Twisted Fate's already amazing ganking ability really stuck out to me.

Kyuketsuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2010

what's even scarier is having a pantheon, twisted fate, AND shen on one team, half of the team is anywhere at anytime.

The important point is when you're playing pantheon you tend to want someone aggressive with you, because that aegis/heartseeker causes rediculous damage. I tend to always start with spear shot, great for last hitting, cycling for your passive, and keeping enemies away from your creep line.

SethCypher

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuketsuki View Post
what's even scarier is having a pantheon, twisted fate, AND shen on one team, half of the team is anywhere at anytime.
Ahahahaha...haha...funny you should say that...

Quote:
The important point is when you're playing pantheon you tend to want someone aggressive with you, because that aegis/heartseeker causes rediculous damage. I tend to always start with spear shot, great for last hitting, cycling for your passive, and keeping enemies away from your creep line.
I'll keep that tip in mind, thanks.

Kureno

06-16-2010

+1 to proxy. Great harasser, grabs early kills alot on careless players, but is deceptively squishy.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

06-16-2010

Main point with pantheon is the same with warwick. If you (as pantheon) are attacking you look very sturdy/ sometimes are, but if you are not attacking or the enemy team decides to focus you you get demolished.

Alhadrianes

06-18-2010

I got a friend that haved the same question between garen and pantheon and in the end he buyed pantheon .He played some games with him and become dessapointed abot pantheon becose he didnt do any kill. After a game with a enemy pantheon , he asked the guy how does he handle this guy ,and they talked after the game .After that we was owning all the time . So i aivise you to buy pantheon becose hes a ultimate guy . Well almost Akaly OWN!!!

A advise for you akaly and pantheon are very alike they can use all the spell in a sec try that :P

Good Luck !!

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-18-2010

Pantheon is extremely strong early and midgame right now. Stun and bugged heartseeker allow him to be an absolute wrecking machine in small scale encounters.

His weakness is in 5v5 fights. Being melee and as deceptively squishy as he is, Pantheon is a very easy target to take down. The problem with this is at most you will get your stun and heartseeker off which leaves your team at a 4v5 disadvantage with you having contributed minimal to the fight.

That being said he is exceptional at backdooring with his ultimate which allows him to have endgame usefulness.

As a summary, he has very big pro's and very big con's. As long as you can keep the game in scenerios where pantheon is strong, pantheon is a strong champion. If it gets pulled in directions where he isnt strong, then you may be in deep water.

PunchGroin

06-18-2010

Also worth mentioning - I think he is one of the best tower divers in the game, his burst damage is ridiculous, and you can get in, (Aegis - heartseeker - spear shot = combo of doom) kill, and get out and manage to completely block a couple of tower hits. (One reason I like ignite on him - early game he can tower dive someone from half health.)

For me, I think he really shines in 3v3. I almost never pick him in 5v5 anymore. Playing a squishy melee without a good escape is REALLY hard against a good 5v5 team. Cleanse is a must, and I would play it safe and stack defensive runes/masteries. (at least as far as improved cleanse)

Edit: One more thing - Mercury treads are your friends! Unless I am playing a team with almost no disable (very VERY rare) I always get merc treads with every hero. (With a few exceptions) that 40 percent reduction... that's a LOT. That's a TON of bang for very little buck. None of the other boots add anything nearly as powerful.