Jax [guide] - lifesteal tank? "Let's do this!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emoshun

01-25-2010

Updates coming soon for this thread, seeing as how i've been putting it off =\

Jarooko

01-31-2010

I just wanted to post my Item Build, cuz i didn't see anybody using that kind of a build, and so far, Jax was very deadly with it. I am summoner lvl 16, so I really don't know jet wich runes, or masteries to use, but the Item Build is:

1. Amplifying Tome (420gp) - after, go lane until you have 810gp;
2. Meki Pendant (390gp) --> Fiendish Codex (420gp);
3. Boots 1 (350gp);
4. Stinger (900gp);
5. Boots 2 (depends on what champions your playing against);
6. Nashor's Tooth (500gp);
7. Sword of the Divine (1050gp + 420gp + 700gp);
8. Sheen (400gp + 435gp + 425gp);
9. Phage (475gp + 415gp + 425gp);
10.Frozen Mallet (1150gp + 825gp);

The rest of the items depend on the other team, could be Lich Bane, or Guinsoo's Rageblade. sometimes Tiamat, but usually i go with Madred's Bloodrazor, then maybe the Zhonya's Ring.

The idea here is using Jaxes ulti and upgrading his AP and attack speed, while having every fourth attack +100 magic dmg, and pressing W like crazy, and of course 100%dmg after ability (ulti counts).

Some comments would be useful, cuz, as I said, I'm relatively a noob... XD

ViolentLogic

02-08-2010

Lately I've just been rushing straight to Infinity Edge after getting my Lifesteal Pendant. I find the damage increase from B.F. Sword is more helpful early game than the 40% IAS. Stark's after Infinity Edge, and then work on whatever you would. Phage, etc.

Ligerteeth

02-11-2010

amazing build, played three games with it scored two double kills and was legendary twice

Jarooko

02-21-2010

Cant believe that the "life-steel tank" is that good of a build for Jax... Have to try it now.

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarooko View Post
1. Amplifying Tome (420gp) - after, go lane until you have 810gp;

Some comments would be useful, cuz, as I said, I'm relatively a noob... XD
What do you do if you get harassed hard? Just go back to heal? I generally see some form of healing early in the item build so people can stay in the lane longer.

Djynn

02-23-2010

Mh...about that AP Jax build of Jarooko:

Empower ("Spamming W like hell") doesn't even scale with AP, does it?
Or do you mean spamming W like hell to get the Sheen procs?

Necrax

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djynn View Post
Mh...about that AP Jax build of Jarooko:

Empower ("Spamming W like hell") doesn't even scale with AP, does it?
Or do you mean spamming W like hell to get the Sheen procs?
neither works.

Lolex

02-23-2010

Hello guys.
I havnt played alot since the release and nothing on high ELO rated games, so I got a question for you:
Is Jax totally unreliable nowadays? He used to be and still is my favourite champion, and I'm thinking of playing him in my future team when season one starts. I would just like to hear some oppinions firsts.

Thanks,
Lolex.

Burbero

02-23-2010

u got only 1 problem with jax .. and isnt ranged user but CC user... if u are vs a cc clas u dont farm like u want and u dont steal like u want, u are in pressure and your gold lvl is very low. If u are vs ranged u can jump and run away, but when u are against a stun clas u cant play aggressive, u have to change lane is better.

u make this build when u dont have cc enemy, but u cant start with stark/boots/frozen mallet if u are against CC clases, u can replace frozen mallet with veil but u lose hp/slow/dmg and your leach is less, aniway is the only chance u have to play it.

this is the only problem with jax, and for that in high helo u seen 1 or 2 jax he is to much vulnerable vs magic
Olso if u dont add some mana regen in your runebook in start and mid game u wil have some mana problem.

stark
boots
veil
frozen
phantom
Force of nature

this is the only build who let u a little chance to play it against cc clases, but u are not the best at dps and against pure dps clases.