How many Riot Points have you purchased?

None 128 26.02%
650 14 2.85%
1380 35 7.11%
2800 48 9.76%
5000 48 9.76%
Above 5000 219 44.51%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

Are you supporting Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tharen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2010

I bought the game and champion's bundle to support Riot but I am quite disappointed with new overpriced skins. If they would make skins 5-10$ each I would spend 20$ to buy 3-4 at once but there is no way I will give 20$ to a single skin. Not that I cant afford but I don't think it's worthy just for a.. skin..Maybe soon I will start making my own ones.

Kalmer

06-15-2010

I actually wanted to congratulate myself for passing all my exams with a new skin. Alas i've had the blocked from buying riot points message for the past 3 weeks so no riot points for me i guess

Frode Munksgaard

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by plunderin View Post
Season 1. Getting delayed and most of the basic features dropped from it (replays/observer, which is crucial for a game to be an e-sport). It is taking them 8 months to just bring out draft mode...

The only thing riot can actually do it bring out champions and overpriced skins every other week. They keep stating they want this game to be an e-sport/competitive success... and yet they aren't bringing out anything to even try.

All of this stuff was supposed to be brought out after "release", so I didn't mind supporting them as the game would be amazing with draft, ranked, replays, observer, clan tags, and all that stuff.

However I have supported this game more so than other full priced games that were worth the money, and yet riot still just delays and cuts features that will be brought out with season 1, even though that will probably never come out since they have skins to make.

So no, I don't support them anymore and i'm sure they don't care. Given their attitude it doesn't seem like they give two ****s about you after they get you to buy RP. Two "legendary" skins are not worth the purchase of HoN. The Microtransaction model and the feature teams incompetence will mean this game will never be a successful e-sport/competitive game.

So yeah, i'll jump on here and play every now and then. However it isn't going to be the game I once thought it could be when I was enjoying the beta so long ago, and they were talking about all the things that were to be implemented. Riot seemed like they cared and actually wanted the game to be more than highway robbery back then.
Okay fair enough . When Season 1 is released and you find out that LoL is going to be what you thought of it, would you pay more then, just to show Riot that you're a believer in LoL once again?

Why would you downvote this guy, it's not like he is flamming or anything. He is simply sharing his thoughts on Riot, and he does bring some valid points to the discussion.

Pingmeep

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frode Munksgaard View Post
Why would you downvote this guy, it's not like he is flamming or anything. He is simply sharing his thoughts on Riot, and he does bring some valid points to the discussion.
Probably has something to do with his revisionist history and negative attitude.

Riot folks have been saying since January that Season 1 would start during summer 2010. Not first day of summer or some such but during summer. Before it's arrival would be a pre-season.

The status page has listed what they are working on (and in what priority) for months. Also just because a feature doesn't make it during the start of season 1 doesn't mean it will not make it in by the end of it. As much as we might want replays Riot is working on something better than just a version tied replay system. Whether they should or not is debatable but it is what it is.

Finally the whole OMG Riot is making skins instead of working on core game features!
AND
Riot doesn't give a ****e about us after they have our money rants have also been debunked. Multiple teams working on different things and all that and this is a long term game not a flash in the pan release and forget retail product. It may not be the speed players want but it is moving forward.

Some of us want Season 1 now but also aren't going to flog Riot for imaginary sins.
---
LoLVent.com LoL Community Vent Servers Listing

Cake or Smash

06-15-2010

I've picked up some for myself and my fiancée. I won't be getting more RP for a while, but maybe in a year.

Raiden30

06-15-2010

almost a reverse bell curve - people either freeload or spend lots of money apparently

I'm in the above 5000 group, feels good man

KingofKingz

06-15-2010

only bought the smallest RP package so far. used it for a weekend boost and the urf skin. i will get more if season 1 ROX!

climax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2010

Above 5000 RP here.
Feels good to support a company that actually listens to us.

SavageMinnow

06-15-2010

Unfortunately, I can't support RIOT at the moment, though I plan to in the future. I figure this game is definitely worth shelling out at least the normal price of an average console game, probably more considering how much time I spend on it.

Pokemaster

Recruiter

06-15-2010

None, I have to pay my WoW subscription