Mundo, still my tank.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zinku418

06-13-2010

Hello.

A lot of people give mundo beef for not being a tank. and with proof they contest his tanking was. hopefully, I shed some light, and give advice on how I mundo tank.

Personally, I believe that mundo isnt a "run of the mill" tank. I believe that mundo needs some sort of ability that would make him a initiator tank, but a rework would make everyone rage, plus, hes fine how he is. i believe that mundo is a hp/5 tank. obviously meaning that mundo stacks health regen per 5, outlasting everyone's cc's, and getting some decent damage in without getting wrecked. to sucessfully tank with mundo, there is some things that you'll have to do. this isnt a priority, but it should be. get Flat Cooldown reduction glyphs. with all 9, you get around 5.85% reduced cooldowns, at the rough cost of 7380 ip. this is very well worth it.

Items:
I usually build these in priority order of:
Spirit Visage
Boots of Swiftness
Warmogs Armor
Guardians Angel
random item #1
random item #2

I build it this way because with my CDR runes, Spirit Visage gives you 17% CDR, which rocks like no other. your ult is 49 seconds, and your clever is under 3 seconds. also, your ult heals to full health everytime, so you can endlessly farm like no other. it makes sense, a lot of times, i'll be outleveling the opposing team so when we team fight, i'll have the advantage for my team. plus, seeing as you have CDR, your Masochism has a 5.75 second cooldown, and a 5 second duration, in otherwords: hello free strength.

skill order: q,e,q,w,q,r,q,e,q,e,r,e,e,w,w,r,w,w. pretty simple, most effective, and shouldnt ever variate.

Farming will dictate your pace in this game. making sure that you keep your gold income and whatnot. usually i can farm amazingly well, because i try to get a solo lane by reasons of jungling, rage quitting, crashing at start, ganker, etc. getting your level far surpass the others will help greatly. otherwise, you'll have some hard time getting solo kills. When its time to tank, be there for your team.

----------------------------------------------Finished-----------------------------------------------

xDiamantx

06-13-2010

There's automatically a problem when you're building warmog's.

zinku418

06-13-2010

This Problem is?

Nihil Sine Nefas

06-13-2010

It's extremely gold-inefficient for what it does. Also, HP stacking is meaningless without Armor/MR to back it up.

Vuther

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinku418 View Post
This Problem is?
It's REALLY expensive. The cost is approachable to 3 Giant Belts which would give around the same amount of health upfront. Health regen also arguably loses a lot of use at the time someone can get a Warmog's since players should have started teaming up and so players are usually killed fast enough for it to not really matter.

Priamos

06-13-2010

Go ahead and build Mundo as a tank. Just realize that he has no hard CC, so he'll need 2x Sunfire Capes to not be ignored. Mordekaiser has the same problem.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Sine Nefas View Post
It's extremely gold-inefficient for what it does. Also, HP stacking is meaningless without Armor/MR to back it up.
With the reduced cost of regrowth with spirit visage it takes few minions to break even with mundos passive and hp5. Still not a great item, but not god awful. Also he mentioned getting guardian angel for MR/Armor.

zinku418

06-13-2010

usually i follow through with getting Aegis of the Legion, but it depends if the match lasts long enough. i usually carry the team through it pretty easily.

A Graceful Seal

06-13-2010

i build.

Sunfire Cape
Boots level 2
Sunfire Cape
Spirit Visage
Thornmail
Guardian Angel/Sunfire Cape

The sunfire capes stack nicely with burning agony, and with GA/SV ur have decent MR.
Thornmail gives you that extra cushion of armor plus the nice anti DPS passive

Redenbacher

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priamos View Post
Go ahead and build Mundo as a tank. Just realize that he has no hard CC, so he'll need 2x Sunfire Capes to not be ignored. Mordekaiser has the same problem.
The nice thing is both Mordekaiser and Mundo are so exceptionally efficient at farming that 2x Sunfire cape builds are entirely possible in short games, compared to tanks like Rammus and Malphite, which have abilities to compensate for their lack of farming to ensure they're focused.

I agree that Mundo however might be better at a beefy DPS, like Olaf, but lacking another option because of poor team comp pugs, tanking is certainly viable, and I've seen it done well multiple times. That Mundo just has to play aggressive to piss off the other team, and not be afraid to charge in to a team of 5.