Top 10 Bot Laners: Rank Them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryzeonline

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by underagefemale View Post
This is my list
I haven't decided where to add them yet; but once more players confirm their rankings, I'll plug them in where necessary.
Really useful list, not a be all end all, but a great start / helpful guidance.

Rock on.

Necks

10-14-2011

Urgot is the #1 solo bot, right now. People have no idea just how consistently powerful he is.

He steamrolls over all the other strong bot picks like Heimerdinger and even Yorick. The ability to deal damage off-screen (yes, from off the screen) and not receive damage at all is what makes Urgot an unstoppable solo.

Nekrogen

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by logg View Post
Not sure about the order, but all these bots win most matchups and matches because they contribute so much.

Yorick - Earns #1 spot. Insane sustain and harass. Countered by Cait.
Heimer - Tanky as hell, Fast pusher. Can even defend without being there. Countered by Sivir and Nunu pretty hard.
Gragas - Insane sustain and harass. Displacement ult for assaulting.
Karthus - Holy **** the harass. Can completely zone many chars early, global ult is *devastating*. Somewhat weak defense on point.
Urgot - If hits with combo, good luck people. MASSIVE ganking potential on bot lane. Probably best ranged bot.
Ryze - Just beats the snot out of most bots. Tanky while forcing enemy to amass MR. Can get out pushed somewhat easily.
Morgana - Insane sustain. Threat of killing most bots pretty handily pre-MR. Not as dominant late.
Singed - Good sustain, great tankiness, can hold a lane vs pretty much anyone. Not a good assaulter.
Maokai - Unmovable on turret. Nice harass. Poorish pushing power.
Cait - Good pusher, can defend exceptionally well vs melee. Easily gankable.

Notable mentions:
Skarner - Insane sustain and CC. Displacement ult for assaulting. Beaten by range.
Sivir - Tank Sivir wins by pushing unstoppably hard. Very low killing power though.
Lux - Exceptional stalling capability, global. Not much of a killer. Gets owned by power pushers.
This is a good list. Soraka might deserve a mention as well. I would also like to point out that Ryze has a very easy time pushing the lane once he hits 6, and still has some good pushing potential beforehand. Give him promote and you have 2 points bottom lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elealar View Post
1. Cassiopeia
2. Brand
3. Yorick
4. Anivia
5. Caitlyn
6. Heimer
7. Karthus
8. Soraka
9. Ryze
10. Sivir
This is an ok list. Bit lopsided IMO, but its fine. I wouldn't classify anivia to be an AMAZING bottom laner just because she has a hard time pushing until level 6 and doesn't really have much if she can't land her stun. It might be that I've only faced around 6 or 7 anivias bottom and all of them sucked, but idk.

Heimerdinger is a good bottom laner, but he just doesn't have the versatility of other champs, i.e. if he decides to leave camp he has to decide to redeploy turrets or not (if he even has them available), get in range for his rockets and NEEDS to be good at landing his stun. Makes him rather lackluster when pushing against 4 other champions, and is squishy as all hell. Once the ranged carries get their damage, his turrets are a joke. Bottom line, once it hits the last 5-10 minutes of the game, he falls off somewhat whereas the other champs you mentioned still bring a lot to the team.

egamIrorriMehT

10-14-2011

I know im a noob. but i think soraka would be a good consideration for top 10. Even if she isnt number 1.

SirTimbo

10-14-2011

Amumu can easily push out yorick and does decent against heimer. The use of his E and catalyst early levels to keep him up makes it alot easier to last until better items.

It's Ridiculous how easily amumu beats on yorick when you have the reduced damage by 2 masteries and the damage reduc from his E. Since his pets will go straight for you, and they make you use your E more while doing reduced damage to you, you'll easily push the lane by tanking for your creeps.

I've never had a hard time against a yorick as if they get MR then the wave hurts them, if they get Armor then you do. Also getting sunfire, thornmail, frozen heart and udyn's(an RoA too so you can keep the catalyst bonus) really hurts a yorick, his pets will do nearly no damage die off sooner while hitting less, and also be unable to stop the wave while you're being aggressive.

Amumu can't really handle ranged (with the exception of heimer and maybe ryze)

Also you're missing malzahar from that list as he fights off all of them (he and yorick though just stalemate at bottom)

Nekrogen

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Urgot is the #1 solo bot, right now. People have no idea just how consistently powerful he is.

He steamrolls over all the other strong bot picks like Heimerdinger and even Yorick. The ability to deal damage off-screen (yes, from off the screen) and not receive damage at all is what makes Urgot an unstoppable solo.
Urgot and Kogmaw are on the same level of bottom lane prowess IMO. Both have insane amounts of harass while being able to consistently deal damage from a good distance away. This said, they are both probably better off going top lane. Urgot has a reason to go bottom lane (farming tear), and I agree he is an exceptionally good bottom pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTimbo View Post
Amumu can't really handle ranged (with the exception of heimer and maybe ryze)
Amumu cannot beat a good ryze bot, no matter how skilled the amumu is Ryze will just DPS him down and snare to keep him from getting away. A bad or semi-decent ryze player will get stunned by amumu every time, take the AoE damage and die without retaliating. Amumu is a good pick, but idk if you want him bottom lane especially once he hits 6.

Elealar

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Urgot and Kogmaw are on the same level of bottom lane prowess IMO. Both have insane amounts of harass while being able to consistently deal damage from a good distance away. This said, they are both probably better off going top lane. Urgot has a reason to go bottom lane (farming tear), and I agree he is an exceptionally good bottom pick.
Biggest prob with Urgot is that he has no AOEs so he has a hard time clearing snowballing waves and stopping hard pushes. He's real good in champion vs. champion combat (though not unchallenged; Cassiopeia, Brand, Maokai, Karthus & in general long range mages can give him a run for his money) but pushers can put him in a tight spot.

Koggy I feel is rather strong but he has a bit of a problem lacking AOEs too. Sure, his E is an AOE as is his ult but the ult damage is minimal to non-champion targets and E won't scale so he'll never get true wave-clearing power beyond just autoattacking them down (which while functional, isn't as fast as AOEing them down). He's also kinda vulnerable to the enemy laner when his W is down.

Nekrogen

10-14-2011

Quote:
Biggest prob with Urgot is that he has no AOEs so he has a hard time clearing snowballing waves and stopping hard pushes. He's real good in champion vs. champion combat (though not unchallenged; Cassiopeia, Brand, Maokai, Karthus & in general long range mages can give him a run for his money) but pushers can put him in a tight spot.

Koggy I feel is rather strong but he has a bit of a problem lacking AOEs too. Sure, his E is an AOE as is his ult but the ult damage is minimal to non-champion targets and E won't scale so he'll never get true wave-clearing power beyond just autoattacking them down (which while functional, isn't as fast as AOEing them down). He's also kinda vulnerable to the enemy laner when his W is down.
Absolutely, which is why I typically beat most urgots and kogs bot, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna have an easy time doing it :P

Necks

10-14-2011

Quote:
(Urgot does have AoE, btw. A pretty strong one, too. It's a 5 second DoT)

This is true. That's why in order to win the solo lane as Urgot, you must ignore minions and concentrate on slaying the enemy player.

In my opinion, though, Urgot going solo bot is a waste. He's much more useful to the team if he contributed to the early group fights at top.

Mightyal

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
Really useful list, not a be all end all, but a great start / helpful guidance.

Rock on.
Thanks . I wasn't planning on making a comprehensive list or anything. It was suppose to be based on my personal opinion, but it turns out, like you said, this could become a useful guide for people.