should be common knowledge, but ignite counters tryn hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koldheartedjsp

10-14-2011

20 (damage per level of ignite) x 18=360 damage over time

tryn with 100 fury lvl 5 Q gets 265 heal

If he does that post ignite, he heals only 132.5

UNLESS he spins out, and wacks a minion a few times AND THEN gets away, ignite will kill him every time if you use it right

at that point, he deserves to get away for being smart enough to proc lifesteal a few times, and for you being dumb enough to fight him near minions knowing full well this is a possibility

If none of the above happened, and he didn't die, congrats you now know to ignite later than you did

Posted this in GD after a few tryn OP threads popped up. Figured I'd post this here where tryn is a much bigger problem

Tiberius Steele

10-14-2011

to bad he kills you before he ults

Koldheartedjsp

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius Steele View Post
to bad he kills you before he ults
unless you've been letting him free farm all game and are way behind he really shouldn't

Wolfalisk

10-14-2011

If you've ever played against a top lane Trynd in TT, there is no way to prevent him from free farming the top jungle without severely affecting your own cs and xp.

BestGnarRivenNA

10-14-2011

I've played against plenty of Trynameres top lane. Place a ward in the jungle, wait for him to start, gank when he's almost dead and about to kill green. It's gotten me so many kills...

And as Kold said, simply use ignite and over power him.. Of course, I'm used to laning against Tryn with Olaf and well.. Olaf has everything Tryn doesn't so... Yeah.

Tylerpb

10-14-2011

Ignite is actually a fairly weak counter to a decent trynd. It'd be more accurate to say that ignite is a nice screw you to dumb, overly greedy Trynds. Exhaust is quite a bit more likely to get you a kill on him because what you really need to do to kill him is be able to beat him so badly that you can fight him through his ult and still come out victorious.

You need the ignite to tick 3 times after the heal for it to kill him if he runs away from you. That means you need him to choose to stay in and fight you for his health bar + 3 seconds of ult, then decide that he still won't kill you after that and choose to run away. If he stays in and tries to kill you before his ult runs out then either the ignite was unnecessary or he kills you, getting at least 1/2 hit worth of life steal in addition to his heal and probably surviving the ignite (or best case you both die, which is hardly countering him). That begs the question; Who is this Trynd player who is hanging around for 3 seconds of his ultimate when he's losing the fight badly enough that he won't be able to kill you using the whole thing?

Being able to beat him in spite of his ultimate is what counters trynd hard in a 1v1. Ignite is barely more likely to kill trynd than anyone else who flashes over a wall to escape a losing fight. Some champs can do that (I've certainly done it a fair bit with nasus, I would expect olaf or jax to pull it off without much trouble as well). He's got an above average set of AD buffs from his passives as well as a very good gap closer and slow. He's not a weak champion even without the ult. Most champs that aren't bursty won't even be able to make him pop it, and those that are bursty won't be able to live through it.

In the broad sense what really counters Trynd is the simple fact that he's a melee AD carry.

Hah

10-17-2011

As a person who plays a lot of tryndamere, I can say this is an incredibly ignorant post. Yes, it will kill me. But it does not mean you lower my damage, slow me down, stop me from killing you, etc. If I use undying rage, I am going to leave the fight either way. I am either going to return to base or go to the jungle and heal myself up. Let's do some math

At level 18, I will have beserker boots and a phantom dancer. With the typical AS speed of tryndamere and those two common items, my AS will be 1.45125. That means in 5 seconds, I can get 7 autoattacks on you. I also know that at level 18, I will probably have an infinity edge, with standard 21/0/9 runes, leaving me with increased crit chance (to about 80-100% depending on runes/fury bar) and 260% crit damage. Each hit on an unarmored champ will deal between 500-800 damage, and typically, champions have about 50-100 armor by that point assuming they aren't building armor (Which a carry typically should not). Let's say, on average that ends up being 400 damage that actually gets through to the champion. That is 400 x 7, which ends up being 2800 which will kill any carry that you have. Unless you throw a TON of CC at me, you can't escape - I have the chicken, spin to win, and probably exhaust or flash. And by the way, this situation is assuming trynd uses his ult the second he starts the fight.

Ignite is a way to kill trnydamere, but it doesn't lower my damage or stop me from wrecking your carry.

Exhaust, on the other hand, actually does something against tryndamere. It hinders trynd's escape, lowers hisdamage by 70%, and if you have the mastery for it, it also increases damage on trynd.

Koldheartedjsp

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfyPanda View Post
As a person who plays a lot of tryndamere, I can say this is an incredibly ignorant post. Yes, it will kill me. But it does not mean you lower my damage, slow me down, stop me from killing you, etc. If I use undying rage, I am going to leave the fight either way. I am either going to return to base or go to the jungle and heal myself up. Let's do some math

At level 18, I will have beserker boots and a phantom dancer. With the typical AS speed of tryndamere and those two common items, my AS will be 1.45125. That means in 5 seconds, I can get 7 autoattacks on you. I also know that at level 18, I will probably have an infinity edge, with standard 21/0/9 runes, leaving me with increased crit chance (to about 80-100% depending on runes/fury bar) and 260% crit damage. Each hit on an unarmored champ will deal between 500-800 damage, and typically, champions have about 50-100 armor by that point assuming they aren't building armor (Which a carry typically should not). Let's say, on average that ends up being 400 damage that actually gets through to the champion. That is 400 x 7, which ends up being 2800 which will kill any carry that you have. Unless you throw a TON of CC at me, you can't escape - I have the chicken, spin to win, and probably exhaust or flash. And by the way, this situation is assuming trynd uses his ult the second he starts the fight.

Ignite is a way to kill trnydamere, but it doesn't lower my damage or stop me from wrecking your carry.

Exhaust, on the other hand, actually does something against tryndamere. It hinders trynd's escape, lowers hisdamage by 70%, and if you have the mastery for it, it also increases damage on trynd.
io nly speak the truth. tryn is not hard at all to deal with