Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pause Implemented for Tournament Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dsmac

10-13-2011

looking good

Terrog

10-13-2011

good job

Ebay Account

10-13-2011

Quote:
Seseru:
This is a feature that would have no impact on the community, besides those that participate in tournaments.

I do see one problem with this new feature though. Say Team A gets first blood, and a couple ganks on the opposing team just before the 5 minute mark, then someone from Team B simulates a 'technical difficulty' (aka: end task, removal of layer 2 (ethernet cord), alt+f4, power turned off, etc) would the judges be able to tell if fraudulent activities like these, occur? I am sure alt+f4 is monitored, as the PVP client opens up, asking to 'Reconnect", and same with removal of layer 2 devices (if the OS can tell a cord was removed, I am **** sure the client can), but what about the other 'technical difficulties'?

Besides what I had said above, I appreciate the time you take in letting us know. I hope what I said above is taken into consideration, and players in tournaments are properly monitored. I am sure players that participate in tournaments that have read this news post, are devising 'technical difficulty' strategies.

Keep up the updates, and like everyone else, I am as well awaiting the arrival of the Replay feature.

Tournament administrator wont notice you unplugging your computer or something right ?

Mooinacan

Recruiter

10-13-2011

step in the right direction

Brave Warrior

10-13-2011

Quote:
Seseru:
This is a feature that would have no impact on the community, besides those that participate in tournaments.

I do see one problem with this new feature though. Say Team A gets first blood, and a couple ganks on the opposing team just before the 5 minute mark, then someone from Team B simulates a 'technical difficulty' (aka: end task, removal of layer 2 (ethernet cord), alt+f4, power turned off, etc) would the judges be able to tell if fraudulent activities like these, occur? I am sure alt+f4 is monitored, as the PVP client opens up, asking to 'Reconnect", and same with removal of layer 2 devices (if the OS can tell a cord was removed, I am **** sure the client can), but what about the other 'technical difficulties'?

Besides what I had said above, I appreciate the time you take in letting us know. I hope what I said above is taken into consideration, and players in tournaments are properly monitored. I am sure players that participate in tournaments that have read this news post, are devising 'technical difficulty' strategies.

Keep up the updates, and like everyone else, I am as well awaiting the arrival of the Replay feature.

If Team A got first blood the game would just be paused if anyone on Team B or A disconnected, as the original posts states? If firstblood is before 5 minutes they don't reset for a D/C.

Toysoldier

10-13-2011

Don't think this will ever get to the rest of the community though.

redhornet7

Recruiter

10-13-2011

good job riot

Syrdust

10-13-2011

Moar competitive improvements nowwwwww!!!

Cdawg44

10-13-2011

SWEET this will make tournament games way better.

Skipstep

10-13-2011

about ****ing time