Pause Implemented for Tournament Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dsmac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

looking good

Terrog

10-13-2011

good job

Ebay Account

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seseru View Post
This is a feature that would have no impact on the community, besides those that participate in tournaments.

I do see one problem with this new feature though. Say Team A gets first blood, and a couple ganks on the opposing team just before the 5 minute mark, then someone from Team B simulates a 'technical difficulty' (aka: end task, removal of layer 2 (ethernet cord), alt+f4, power turned off, etc) would the judges be able to tell if fraudulent activities like these, occur? I am sure alt+f4 is monitored, as the PVP client opens up, asking to 'Reconnect", and same with removal of layer 2 devices (if the OS can tell a cord was removed, I am **** sure the client can), but what about the other 'technical difficulties'?

Besides what I had said above, I appreciate the time you take in letting us know. I hope what I said above is taken into consideration, and players in tournaments are properly monitored. I am sure players that participate in tournaments that have read this news post, are devising 'technical difficulty' strategies.

Keep up the updates, and like everyone else, I am as well awaiting the arrival of the Replay feature.
Tournament administrator wont notice you unplugging your computer or something right ?

Mooinacan

10-13-2011

step in the right direction

Brave Warrior

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seseru View Post
This is a feature that would have no impact on the community, besides those that participate in tournaments.

I do see one problem with this new feature though. Say Team A gets first blood, and a couple ganks on the opposing team just before the 5 minute mark, then someone from Team B simulates a 'technical difficulty' (aka: end task, removal of layer 2 (ethernet cord), alt+f4, power turned off, etc) would the judges be able to tell if fraudulent activities like these, occur? I am sure alt+f4 is monitored, as the PVP client opens up, asking to 'Reconnect", and same with removal of layer 2 devices (if the OS can tell a cord was removed, I am **** sure the client can), but what about the other 'technical difficulties'?

Besides what I had said above, I appreciate the time you take in letting us know. I hope what I said above is taken into consideration, and players in tournaments are properly monitored. I am sure players that participate in tournaments that have read this news post, are devising 'technical difficulty' strategies.

Keep up the updates, and like everyone else, I am as well awaiting the arrival of the Replay feature.
If Team A got first blood the game would just be paused if anyone on Team B or A disconnected, as the original posts states? If firstblood is before 5 minutes they don't reset for a D/C.

Toysoldier

10-13-2011

Don't think this will ever get to the rest of the community though.

redhornet7

Recruiter

10-13-2011

good job riot

Syrdust

10-13-2011

Moar competitive improvements nowwwwww!!!

Cdawg44

10-13-2011

SWEET this will make tournament games way better.

Skipstep

10-13-2011

about ****ing time