U guys go play ap yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

loneoutlaw

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
How much AP would you say you need before doing a 2k damage alpha strike?

Also, in order to achieve this number we must sit back hiding during the team fight. Once our team hurts someone relevant, we pop highlander A strike, kill someone, then a strike again. What happens when you don't get the kill? You're now in the middle of a fight with no HP, armor, or res, and no damage from attacks. Your role in the team fight sucks, don't steal that kill, give it to a real carry who can actually do real burst damage.
Oh, and to actually make it to this number, we need to not be fighting around creeps or we potentially only hit 1 enemy champion. Even when we do hit champions 1-2 of those hits are going to be wasted on enemy tanks.

No survivability aside from a meditate that requires us to be stationary. No cc. "Burst" damage which is less than any real burst damage champion. No initiation and high cooldowns. These are all the reasons why AP Yi is bad beyond a low ELO pub stomp build. Calling me names doesn't make you any less wrong.
Alpha Strike on AP Yi is like an Ezreal ult every 6 seconds. It does a ton of damage to their entire team (3-4 hits at 600-700 damage is entirely reasonable) and turns team fights around. AP Yi isn't a carry and isn't meant for sustained damage, he strikes in, lays down a huge amounts of damage and is able to survive because of the large AP ratio on meditate. Your example of a team fight is laughable at best. You strike in, deal over 1/4 of their team's life in damage and if they turn to focus you, meditate. If they stun you out of it and kill AP Yi, they've probably already lost the team fight if your team is at all competent. Having "sustained" damage as AD doesn't make up for the fact that Yi is still very squishy and will die while having contributed literally nothing to the team fight. It's Yi's problem in general, but the high AP ratio on meditate and zhonya invincibility at least gives him a fighting chance.

Corision

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
I'll play AP Yi, just paypal me enough RP to buy him.
He's 450 IP, so I'm sure he'd be like.
50 cents.

Cyst

06-22-2010

Quote:
Ah yes AP Yi. Nothing like a super squishy caster with only 1 spell on a 10 second cool down with no cc. Super viable.
You do know AP Yi has been around long time...

A top top top elo player was the one that orginally came up with the idea...
This was long before the changes to IMPROVE AP Yi including the items that make him almost main stream

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=126257

Why don't ya go do what scrubs like you do best

Go read a guide

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Quote:

Also, in order to achieve this number we must sit back hiding during the team fight. Once our team hurts someone relevant, we pop highlander A strike, kill someone, then a strike again. What happens when you don't get the kill? You're now in the middle of a fight with no HP, armor, or res, and no damage from attacks. Your role in the team fight sucks, don't steal that kill, give it to a real carry who can actually do real burst damage.
Oh, and to actually make it to this number, we need to not be fighting around creeps or we potentially only hit 1 enemy champion. Even when we do hit champions 1-2 of those hits are going to be wasted on enemy tanks.

No survivability aside from a meditate that requires us to be stationary. No cc. "Burst" damage which is less than any real burst damage champion. No initiation and high cooldowns. These are all the reasons why AP Yi is bad beyond a low ELO pub stomp build. Calling me names doesn't make you any less wrong.
if you had read correctly i said 2k damage via TWO alpha strikes due to the refresh on kill caused by highlander, moron.

Temlam

06-22-2010

dont call people morons when you claim yer screwed in the middle of a team fight with no hp (oh look I heal) armor (oh look, 300 armor kick ass) and no damage (dude, lichbane makes the damage, even then with highlander and 80% attack speed boost along with getting 100 ad from E, you can very well do some damage. its actually decently significant if you chose the right target. Of course, both e and r will give you lichbane procs.)

btw, anyone else think what they did to yi's meditate is like the most imbalanced thing in the game ever? I mean **** who else gets armor AND magic resist, not even counting the amount of it. AND it heals. I swear, totally wtf moment.

Ixcel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanet View Post
tried it out, complete garbage, do not want...
you're garbager imo...

Leirkov

06-22-2010

Quote:

1700. Yay math!

It is possible to achieve around 700 AP late game with proper kills (aka, Mejai's), and a good item set that includes Zhonya's. 1000 on 4 targets? Sign me up. If there's creeps and it's a late-game teamfight then they go down fast so I don't see it as a problem.

Zhonya's Ring. Meditate heals like a monster.
When did Yi EVER have CC?
LOL? THE BURST IS LESS THAN ANY BURST CHAMP? AP Yi could burst better than any burst champ. 1K Alpha Strike, lich bane proc for 400+, Highlander, lichbane proc for 400+, Wuju, lichbane proc for 500+ or something, cooldown is refreshed, repeat cycle.

You are bad at arguing. Please stop.
*Sigh*

Temlam

06-22-2010

i lurv you leirkov.

oh refreshing cooldowns...only a bad player doesnt think that makes yi the greatest burst mage.

Nethervoid

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
if you had read correctly i said 2k damage via TWO alpha strikes due to the refresh on kill caused by highlander, moron.
So 250 damage alpha strikes BEFOREe damage mitigation? WOW this is JUST what any team needs to roll those team fights.

Nethervoid

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
You do know AP Yi has been around long time...

A top top top elo player was the one that orginally came up with the idea...
This was long before the changes to IMPROVE AP Yi including the items that make him almost main stream

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=126257

Why don't ya go do what scrubs like you do best

Go read a guide
I've been beyond guides for a long time.