U guys go play ap yi

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

06-21-2010

I don't get it. Increased damage for alpha strike that you could inflict in one second of melee with an AD build and more healing you could get in 2 seconds of lifestealing?

Nethervoid

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
You guys are all baddies. Hotshot played AP Yi and said it was viable. It is, 1000+ Alpha Strikes to everyone in a teamfight, super tank for 6(?) seconds, and Lich bane rapes too. Also, you can still BD with Lich Bane + Wuju + Highlander.
That Hotshot said that should serve to lower your opinion of Hotshot, not raise your opinion of AP Yi. 1k alpha strikes? When? At the 55 minute mark when everyone has veil? If you're supertanking you're not helping anyone or doing anything during team fights. You're also getting interrupted by stuns etc. Ap Yi does little to no damage, has cooldowns that are too high, no cc, no initiation, and general no use as anything other than a low ELO pub stomp.

Btw, calling everyone else baddies then quoting 1k alpha strikes just makes you look bad.

aZu101

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
Ap Yi does little to no damage, has cooldowns that are too high
lichbane procs on all 4 skills and highlander refreshes/lowers cooldowns

Nethervoid

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulol View Post
lichbane procs on all 4 skills and highlander refreshes/lowers cooldowns
Okay no substantial damage. If you want a caster, go play Ryze or Annie

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

i dont know in terms of viability what i should rate ap yi, all i know is this.

my reaction to ad/as yi:

ha ha ha ha ha ha haha hahaha hahahaha ha!

now as for good AP yi's, they can easily be the scariest thing on their team, what happens is you have your team go in and focus one character down to low hp, pop highlander and A strike, then A strike again because of refresh, and zam you just did 1500-2000 aoe damage without even letting the opponent hit you, i swear to god a good ap yi is a headache.

Zanet

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
A poor craftsman blames his tools.

Aka, you blow.
FYI I was 10/2/14, but tower pushing wise and sustained damage wise, this is garbage and worthless if the opponents have banshees veil.

In that game i could not kill mundo, at all... the damage output was simply too low over time.

In summary, what AP yi does, AD yii does better.

Nethervoid

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkii View Post
i dont know in terms of viability what i should rate ap yi, all i know is this.

my reaction to ad/as yi:

ha ha ha ha ha ha haha hahaha hahahaha ha!

now as for good AP yi's, they can easily be the scariest thing on their team, what happens is you have your team go in and focus one character down to low hp, pop highlander and A strike, then A strike again because of refresh, and zam you just did 1500-2000 aoe damage without even letting the opponent hit you, i swear to god a good ap yi is a headache.

While we're in fantasy land I think you should inflate those damage numbers to 8,000-10,000

Chaoticon

06-22-2010

Nether you are pretty terribad. His "fantasy land" estimate was actually probably an understatement. In a team fight cluster **** ap yi is going to do massive damage too four people and if highlander is popped and your team focused people down you are going to do a lot more then one alpha in 10seconds. There are counters to every build/champion in this game. I could easily say your build on champ a b or c is complete trash and nonviable if I played the champ different. Go rage somewhere else kthxbai

Nethervoid

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticon View Post
Nether you are pretty terribad. His "fantasy land" estimate was actually probably an understatement. In a team fight cluster **** ap yi is going to do massive damage too four people and if highlander is popped and your team focused people down you are going to do a lot more then one alpha in 10seconds. There are counters to every build/champion in this game. I could easily say your build on champ a b or c is complete trash and nonviable if I played the champ different. Go rage somewhere else kthxbai

How much AP would you say you need before doing a 2k damage alpha strike?

Also, in order to achieve this number we must sit back hiding during the team fight. Once our team hurts someone relevant, we pop highlander A strike, kill someone, then a strike again. What happens when you don't get the kill? You're now in the middle of a fight with no HP, armor, or res, and no damage from attacks. Your role in the team fight sucks, don't steal that kill, give it to a real carry who can actually do real burst damage.
Oh, and to actually make it to this number, we need to not be fighting around creeps or we potentially only hit 1 enemy champion. Even when we do hit champions 1-2 of those hits are going to be wasted on enemy tanks.

No survivability aside from a meditate that requires us to be stationary. No cc. "Burst" damage which is less than any real burst damage champion. No initiation and high cooldowns. These are all the reasons why AP Yi is bad beyond a low ELO pub stomp build. Calling me names doesn't make you any less wrong.

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Why everyone is talking about Alpha strike when Meditate has an 1,65 : 1 Ap ratio every second... Just saying... meditate is extremelly important on AP yi.

12345678 ... 10