U guys go play ap yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

Senior Member

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
Quick question. How are you guys managing to get a zhonyas, lichbane, sorc boots, and a ss by the 25 minute mark when most games are decided again?

All of these are required for Yi to do any real damage. Don't say "Farming my ass off" because team fights start at around 15 minutes. Exactly how good is AP Yi at the 15/20/25/30 minute mark?

Also you don't have any cool down items which allow you to spam your one usable ability.
You wouldn't believe what a little Alpha Striking on some creeps does. Because farming is the answer.. might get a lucky champ kill or two in lane though.

Also, the -fairly unbuffed- Alpha Strike does deal.. respectable damage in team fights. It's just not OVERLY useful until you get your ****ton of AP items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nethervoid

Senior Member

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
You wouldn't believe what a little Alpha Striking on some creeps does. Because farming is the answer.. might get a lucky champ kill or two in lane though.

Also, the -fairly unbuffed- Alpha Strike does deal.. respectable damage in team fights. It's just not OVERLY useful until you get your ****ton of AP items.

How would you say his 20 minute damage compares to annie, ryze etc?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

Senior Member

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
How would you say his 20 minute damage compares to annie, ryze etc?
By 20 minutes I can assume:

Doran's Ring.
Sorcerer/Merc Boots
NLR/Zhonya's
Sheen

By going by the NLR and Sheen path we have 80% of our AP into a regular attack proc and approximately 90 AP. I'll assume Level 15, with the build...
1. Alpha
2. Medi
3. Alpha
4. Medi
5. Alpha
6. Highlander
7. Alpha
8. Medi
9. Alpha
10. Medi
11. Highlander
12. Medi
13. Wuju
14. Wuju
15. Wuju

Giving me 25 bonus AD on top of his base so I'll assume ABOUT 100 AD.

95 AP to round with 100 AD.
Alpha Stirke will at max (not factoring MR) deal 395, not great.
Proc after that would be 95 *.8 = 76 + 100 = 176.
Pop Highlander and there's another 176 proc.
Wuju style gives you a 201 proc due to double the effect.
Meditate will heal you approximately 922
176 proc.

Total damage:
395 + 176 + 176 + 201 + 176 = 1124 in ABOUT 9 seconds [if you factor in using the entire Meditate, otherwise ~4-6 seconds. Blue buff + CDR should get you to 7-8 cooldown on Alpha so mid-game this should deal enough to people to hurt.

Now it's not on the level of Ryze simply becasue of his ultimate [I don't do a whole lot at 20 minutes because I hardly have anything past a RoA set up] but as the game progresses AP Yi will do a lot more damage. I'm not an Annie expert but she brings more to the table than Yi does because she can initiate or be a follow-up with Tibbers and his stun + Sunfire Cape-like effect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J122

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-24-2010

Haters gonna hate. Just tried it for the first time and it was AMAZING. Went 10-0-5 and was Meditating for like 80% of my health and taking down opponents health bars by half with Alpha Strike by level 15.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5HATCOMBO

Senior Member

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
That you should not rely on mej was your point since he is viable?
When did I say anything about Mejai's at all? My point was that the videos were made after AP Yi became viable a month or two ago, which is what he said in response to me saying it.

Quote:
My build unlike their supposed pro builds does have 39.86 CD
Your build is terrible and it considers Nashor's Tooth and Ninja Tabi to be core items.

The problem is that you don't understand what AP Yi's role in a teamfight is. It's not to Alpha and wait for Alpha to cooldown. It's to Highlander, Alpha, get a kill (refreshing all your abilities), Highlander, Alpha, get a kill (refreshing all your abilities)... to do that, you want to be hitting as hard as possible with Alpha.

After you get your Lich Bane, you want to Alpha, hit with proc, Highlander, hit with proc, Wuju Style, hit with proc while re-activating Highlander and hitting with Alpha any time you get a kill. You don't need ANY CDR because all of this happens in a chain which re-triggers the Highlander cooldown refresh effect.

It's so dumb to build CDR instead of AP on AP Yi when Highlander auto-refreshes all your abilities anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Djnitrous

Senior Member

06-25-2010

I've recently been playing AP Yi and it is pretty fun. I still like Nashors Tooth on him despite the fact Highlander refreshes his CD's the 25% CDR is nice but the mana regen and Attack speed that comes with it makes the item valuable IMO. Nashors allows me to spam Alpha Strike.

Still get lichbane, I've never gotten around to Zhonyas so i guess I play closer to a Hybrid build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyst

Member

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5HITCOMBO View Post
When did I say anything about Mejai's at all? My point was that the videos were made after AP Yi became viable a month or two ago, which is what he said in response to me saying it.
Cause all your followers are suggesting the same thing you are rush mej and zhoran ring

lol

its spammed all over in my guide thread

The real issues is you do not know Yis ult

if you get ksed you would have to wait 10 secs while i wait 3