Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Can't run beta with winrar

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakumiAkiyama

Senior Member

10-13-2011

any suggestions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deuterion

Senior Member

10-13-2011

Open winrar, drag and drop to anywhere, run launcher.exe.

That's what I did, and it all works fine -- its just that the servers are currently offline.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daen

Recruiter

10-13-2011

^ As Deuterion said, just extract the files you open in WinRAR to anywhere you'd like and run the executable. You're going to get error messages when you try to log in currently though, the servers are offline because the client version doesn't match the patch version.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Lister

Senior Member

10-13-2011

eh? So i just drag and drop the files ANYWHERE and they'll work when i run the .exe?

And even so i have three .exe. files in my zip folder, which one do i use?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sergeant Dragon

Senior Member

10-13-2011

Quote:
Black Lister:
eh? So i just drag and drop the files ANYWHERE and they'll work when i run the .exe?

And even so i have three .exe. files in my zip folder, which one do i use?


You'd think it would be common sense which one, but try either of the lol.launchers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtractor

Senior Member

10-13-2011

Are you like 60+ years old? If no, then please quit this game ASAP if you cant even extract a winrar archive and know that 2 .exe files do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

Member

10-13-2011

Quote:
Black Lister:
eh? So i just drag and drop the files ANYWHERE and they'll work when i run the .exe?

And even so i have three .exe. files in my zip folder, which one do i use?


You can't run them from within winZIP. You can highlight all of the files (Do this by clicking on the very first one, lol.launcher.admin.exe, hold down shift and click on the last one), dragging them to a folder (I just put mine on my desktop for easy finding) and there you go! I would suggest that you run the lol.launcher.admin.exe. This is ESSENTIALLY the same thing, except it forces the launcher to run in Admin. Mode for windows7/Vista users, to avoid any compatibility issues.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Lister

Senior Member

10-13-2011

Quote:
Xtractor:
Are you like 60+ years old? If no, then please quit this game ASAP if you cant even extract a winrar archive and know that 2 .exe files do.


Im used to auto launchers and auto-extracts. Plus, i knew it was one of the LoL launchers. I was actually hopeing for an explanation as to the difference between the two.

I've downloaded thousands of mods to direct folders before, but this is the first program i've downloaded that didn't have a direct instalation folder. SO I was kind of confuzzled.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

Member

10-13-2011

Quote:
Black Lister:
Im used to auto launchers and auto-extracts. Plus, i knew it was one of the LoL launchers. I was actually hopeing for an explanation as to the difference between the two.

I've downloaded thousands of mods to direct folders before, but this is the first program i've downloaded that didn't have a direct instalation folder. SO I was kind of confuzzled.


You can check my post above yours to read the difference between them


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pentarctagon

Senior Member

10-13-2011

why are you using winrar? get 7zip!


12