Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please explain PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoricuaHLM

10-13-2011

I got the email but sometimes its hard for me to figure out even simple stuff, so please can someone explain to me further about all this PBE stuff, it'll nice to know.

Jon Bunch

10-13-2011

It's just League of Legends on a patch that is slightly ahead of the live servers so the people "testing" it can find bugs and report them to RIOT to fix before the patch goes live.

TildeMerand

10-13-2011

You'll have to be more specific.

Do you mean the purpose of the PBE or the process of installing/Signing up?

To sign up, the e-mail you received has a link at the bottom to sign up for the PBE (Yes, you can use your Live accounts info again)

Once you sign up, you will be re-directed to the download link for the PBE client. (Make sure you are downloading LOLPBE.zip)

Once downloaded, use Windows to unzip the file. (Right click LOLPBE.zip, "Unzip All...&quot

Once unzipped, open the folder, and double click lol.launcher (Not the admin one)

Atm, you won't be able to patch, but later on today (hopefully) it should start patching.

Hope that helped.

Vorrrace

10-13-2011

Quote:
TildeMerand:
You'll have to be more specific.

Do you mean the purpose of the PBE or the process of installing/Signing up?

To sign up, the e-mail you received has a link at the bottom to sign up for the PBE (Yes, you can use your Live accounts info again)

Once you sign up, you will be re-directed to the download link for the PBE client. (Make sure you are downloading LOLPBE.zip)

Once downloaded, use Windows to unzip the file. (Right click LOLPBE.zip, "Unzip All...&quot

Once unzipped, open the folder, and double click lol.launcher (Not the admin one)

Atm, you won't be able to patch, but later on today (hopefully) it should start patching.

Hope that helped.

This will patch the whole game or I'll be able to play on public server with my normal account?

And can everyone signup if they have the link? How does this work? :x

BoricuaHLM

10-13-2011

okay thanks just wanted to know what was the whole PBE testing thing was about, i got the downloading and installing stuff down easy just wanted to know more about PBE thanks guys/girls

TildeMerand

10-13-2011

Quote:
Vorrrace:
This will patch the whole game or I'll be able to play on public server with my normal account?

And can everyone signup if they have the link? How does this work? :x

This will only patch the PBE client: your Live account will not have access to it.

You can create a new PBE account through the e-mail link you received and use the same info you used to make your Live account.

Atm, I'm not sure if everyone can sign up as they please. The e-mail link I received had a special generated code in the link (Hover over it in your e-mail client)

Lord GiantR

10-13-2011

For the actual testing process. Follow these guidelines.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=15795333#post15795333

Vorrrace

10-13-2011

Yeah I think you're right. I was lazy, I didn't check the text version of the mail!
Thanks