Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Semms like i am too silly to install the PBE client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XXXFlo

10-13-2011

Hi guys!

first of all, i come frome germany, but there is no subforum about the PBE, so i have to ask here.

I cklicked on the e-mail link and created my account, clicked on PLAY FOR FREE, it loaded for a few seconds, the the PLAY FOR FREE returned, so i think it doesnt even created an account for me. then when i downloaded the PBE client, i didn't patch at all, i just can logg in with my regular lvl 30 account.

sorry for being so silly, can anybody help me pls?

Jon Bunch

10-13-2011

Make sure the text on the download page looks like the one in the attachment and the folder you download is called "LOLPBE.zip"

XXXFlo

10-13-2011

Did it, then i extracted the zip data on my desktop, it created a folder calles 'League of Legends Public BEta' with one RADS and two launchers in it, but when i run a launcher, it doesnt patch, it is just the normal patcher >.<

TildeMerand

10-13-2011

When you say "Normal Patcher", do you mean it says "North America"...

Or "PBE"?

If it says PBE, try running a repair from the launcher: Click the little cogs in the top right corner, then click Repair.

Hope that helps.

XXXFlo

10-13-2011

EU West, I#m from germany: when i run the downloaded launcher, it's just the normal eu west patcher and not the PBE one

Jon Bunch

10-13-2011

The launcher that came with the LOLPBE.zip folder should launch the PBE client, not the live one, so I'm not sure why it's doing that. :-O

Try re-downloading it, that might help.

XXXFlo

10-13-2011

Quote:
Jon Bunch:
The launcher that came with the LOLPBE.zip folder should launch the PBE client, not the live one, so I'm not sure why it's doing that. :-O

Try re-downloading it, that might help.

I downloaded it 4 times but it's always loading the live one, and i dont know what to do know
anyone?

Onomatopesha

10-13-2011

strange, are you sure you're not running the PBE from the PBE launcher instead of the regular launcher?

XXXFlo

10-13-2011

I'm sure, when i click at one of the 2 launchers, the normal live-westeurope launchers appears, nothing with PBE

Jon Bunch

10-13-2011

So in your "LOLPBE\League of Legends Public Beta" folder, you have the RADS folder, lol.launcher.admin.exe, and lol.launcher.exe, but when you run either of those launchers it takes you to a live launcher?