Recommended Picks for Champion Types

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ell 9

10-14-2011

Hey, I'm currently trying to a few champions really really well for every role and these are champions I've learnt so far, the gaps are where I need some help deciding who to play/learn. Basically, fill in gaps please?

AD Carry: Gangplank, Ashe, Tristana
AP Carry: Annie, Anivia, Karthus
Mage/Tanky DPS: Ryze, [???] [???]
Tank: Amumu, [???], [???]
Jungler: Amumu, [???], [???]
Support: Soraka, [???], [???]
Other, mostly counterpicks: Jax, Nasus, [???]

Jinnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell 9 View Post
Hey, I'm currently trying to a few champions really really well for every role and these are champions I've learnt so far, the gaps are where I need some help deciding who to play/learn. Basically, fill in gaps please?

Mage/Tanky DPS: Ryze, Zilean (mage/support), Gragas [???]
Tank: Amumu, Cho'Gath, Jarvan IV (tank/tanky-DPS)
Jungler: Amumu, Udyr, Lee Sin
Support: Soraka, Janna, Sona
Other, mostly counterpicks: Jax, Nasus, Lee Sin (if Akali isn't banned)
These are my favorites. *shrug*

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Karma is a boss at being both OP support and OP AP mage.
She can be a challenge to play well but learn her and she can cause insane facerolling.

Morde is a really strong offensive tank as well. Don't know why people have wrote morde off his nerfs didn't affect his facerolling, just his early game lane OPness.

Mezogog

10-14-2011

For your mages, I would recommend Malzahar (great tank-killer and pusher) or Annie (easy-mode champ).

Tanks, definitely look at Singed. If you want another jungle tank, Rammus. If you want a more support, team-oriented tank, Alistar.

Jungle is tricky, depending on your style. Xin is really easy to jungle with and get the hang of, but his mid and late-game power has gotten nerfed a bit in the last few patches. Udyr is a beast in the jungle, but he is a tough champ to learn and master. Nocturne is in a good spot in terms of power/easiness to learn. Any of those three are solid junglers.

Consider gragas for a counter-pick. His poke is awesome and there's not much that teams can do to counter his ult if well-placed.

Keeperofstars

10-14-2011

I leona is a beast of a tank. her abilities provider her effortless (aka gear independent) defensive stats, her passive boosts damage your team does by a bunch. And she has 2 stuns, a snare, and with rylias, AOE slow.

Nothing screws their team over than an AOE stun that does decent damage, followed by another AOE hit, and a hard stun on their carry. All with really short cooldowns.
She basically a walking CC bomb.

Tetryon

10-14-2011

My choices

AD Carry: Vayne, Caitlyn, Ashe
AP Carry: Annie, Kennen, Brand
Tanky DPS/Solo Lane: Nasus,Warwick, Cho'Gath
Tank: Amumu, Rammus, Singed
Jungler: Amumu, Rammus, Nocturne, Udyr
Support: Taric, Janna,Sona

These are curretnyl the Champions that instantly put a smile on my face when they are locked in on my team. I'm excluding obvious bans right now such as Talon, and Morg but they are very viable as well. The ones I mention are simply some of my favorites. There are tons of other viable picks that synergize well.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

10-15-2011

[QUOTE=Ell 9;15847960]Hey, I'm currently trying to a few champions really really well for every role and these are champions I've learnt so far, the gaps are where I need some help deciding who to play/learn. Basically, fill in gaps please?

Mage/Tanky DPS: Ryze, Rumble, Renekton
Tank: Amumu, Singed, Maokai, Galio
Jungler: Amumu, Gangplank,
Support: Soraka, Taric, Sona, Zilean

I wouldn't worry about junglers. About 1/3 of the cast can jungle. Almost any champ can be a counterpick depending on team comp.