Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MASSIVE Patching size for PBE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoloGraphics

10-13-2011

One hour passed....

I'm just wondering how big exactly is the patch we're downloading?

Isn't similar to the original LoL Client, and is there not a way for us to just copy and paste files from the original and then patch the "necessaries" for PBE?

Anyone that can give more information about this?

**PS: Congrats to all Beta testers that got chosen.

Bluetint

10-13-2011

A repost from the other thread:
When I first ran, the PBE lol launcher it started to download around 300+mb worth of files. So i left my computer on while I did some stuffs. When I returned it was around 30% and was now downloading something over 1000mb. Now my internet connection is a measly 512Kb, so something that big will take me over half of the day, and who knows if there are more files after that.

So I tried copying my installation from my current LoL game, and placed it int the PBE folder, hoping that the download manager will just update the files that needed to be updated. Things like animation, voices, sounds etc. are after all are probably not that much different from the Beta to the real client, or so I reasoned.

Unfortunately when I ran the PBE client, it started updating, but was now showing that my region was in NA instead of PBE. WHich means that something i copied over made the PBE client think it was the ordinary client.

I am now forced to redownload everything from the start by leaving my computer on for who knows how long.

TLDR: Unless you know which files to copy, you will end up with the normal client instead.

Xtractor

10-13-2011

the patcher has liek no files in it, the download was a couple hunderd KB, maybe thats why?

HoloGraphics

10-13-2011

Quote:
Xtractor:
the patcher has liek no files in it, the download was a couple hunderd KB, maybe thats why?

I believe you meant MB! But from my observations, it became GB's... :O

Mark HappyFace

10-13-2011

Yea it is about 1.51 GB

Xtractor

10-13-2011

Quote:
HoloGraphics:
I believe you meant MB! But from my observations, it became GB's... :O

the LOLPBE.zip i got from the link @ my email is 600 KB

HoloGraphics

10-13-2011

Alright, just checked.
It's 1.53GB from the properties of the PBE folder.

I wonder when the PBE server will be online? Was it ever online since the release of it?