Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you guys even understand what PBE means?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherVoids

10-13-2011

The P stands for public; it doesn't mean "closed". What is with people asking for a private forum? It's a public client and, if I'm not mistaken, anyone could get an account by going on the publically available link. Why are people trying to prevent others from accessing the link? Do they like the feeling of exclusivity? It's a public beta...

Petzl

10-13-2011

hey get rid of that link, they send invites for a reason

Siduakal

Recruiter

10-13-2011

I think it's more people want the random general discussion type spam threads filtered out so that it's just feedback and constructive threads.

Dark Amumu Bot

10-13-2011

Not supposed to be passing that link around.

NetherVoids

10-13-2011

Read this quote by Udyr:

Quote:
Who can play on the Public Beta Environment?
Initially, players who are level 30 and have demonstrated active participation in the community. However, anyone is able to join during limited sign up periods.

Where did he say that I am not supposed to pass the link around? Do you want to keep your bragging rights or some ****? The "invites" were probably sent to notify you of the availability of the beta. I think you still have trouble understanding the meaning of the word "public"

UsoRemix

10-13-2011

They sent the invite to certain people. i know a lot of people that didn't get an invite in real life. They wanted the initial amount of people in the PBE to be a select people that do good posts on the forums and contribute. They WILL be opening up the sign ups to public LATER. during limited sign up periods. He didn't say "yeah, go pass around that link from the e-mail." -.-

Deuterion

10-13-2011

Quote:
UsoRemix:
They sent the invite to certain people. i know a lot of people that didn't get an invite in real life. They wanted the initial amount of people in the PBE to be a select people that do good posts on the forums and contribute. They WILL be opening up the sign ups to public LATER. during limited sign up periods. He didn't say "yeah, go pass around that link from the e-mail." -.-

Im hoping we have the chance to become adjudicators :P

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

10-13-2011

Quote:
Deuterion:
Im hoping we have the chance to become adjudicators :P

Normal Servers
If:
Good Job
Then:
PBE

PBE
If:
Good Job
Then:
Test Realm

If: Test Realm Job VERY Good
Then: Adjudicator.

Sorry, my programming skills are non-existing

EDIT:

Oh yeah, congratulations to all fellows that were chosen! I was not :P

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

10-13-2011

Quote:
NetherVoids:
The P stands for public; it doesn't mean "closed". What is with people asking for a private forum? It's a public client and, if I'm not mistaken, anyone could get an account by going on the publically available link. Why are people trying to prevent others from accessing the link? Do they like the feeling of exclusivity? It's a public beta...

The reason we want a private forum is to weed out all the theorycrafting that goes on when people who have numbers are posting feedback in front of people who do not have numbers. This is one of the primary reasons why the old TR failed -- there was no way to determine who was giving real feedback, and who was extrapolating based on other people's feedback against existing champions. There were even a couple of champions released very OP or UP because of theorycrafted feedback that was not based on actual gameplay.

It also led to another primary reason why the old TR failed -- information leaks. The TR was patched 1 week ahead of live. As such, it contained most of the content rolling out in the live patch the following week -- sometimes even things that were not going to be released at that time. Some people who had obtained TR access by way of a dropped link (like what you left out in the open I'm assuming...) started posting TR changes onto different websites, spreading the information all over the place for anyone to find, and then flood GD with complaint threads about. You know how the whole "You're nerfing Irelia AGAIN?!?!??!" meme started? Because of information leaks from the TR by people who had not been invited to join, but who had "stolen" their access.

Furthermore, because the forum was not private, patch notes could not be posted regarding the TR, making it extremely difficult to test any changes made to existing content -- the only things anyone could test and know they were testing were the upcoming champion, and any new items that were under development. Anything else, buffs or nerfs, was largely missed simply because no one knew what they were.

Do also keep in mind that "Public" can also fit the definition of "outside the company". TR access is a privilege, not a right. Riot could easily revoke it from any of us at any time (and I suspect several of those "I'm banned... but invited to the PBE?" people will be losing theirs, but I don't work at Riot so I don't know).

Creating a private forum, or at the very least a forum that is read-only for not PBE members, will greatly enhance the quality of the feedback that comes from it, and ensure that it actually IS feedback, and not theorycrafting.

Deuterion

10-13-2011

Quote:
D3Reap3R:
Normal Servers
If:
Good Job
Then:
PBE

PBE
If:
Good Job
Then:
Test Realm

If: Test Realm Job VERY Good
Then: Adjudicator.

Sorry, my programming skills are non-existing

EDIT:

Oh yeah, congratulations to all fellows that were chosen! I was not :P

Sounds like cool stuff. But can you explain the difference between the PBE and the test realm? I sorta thought they were the same, if not quite similar.

Also, try using if statements in C.... no "then" needed :P
if(Deuterion.DidAGoodJobInNormalClient())
{
Deuterion.setClient(PBE);
}