Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wants to sleep

10-27-2011

Now that I'm awake again, this guy is... really solid, and quite original. Bump and up-vote.

Ire Researcher

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blínd View Post
Sounds good. Because the beacons can be killed, you could actually drop the CD by five flat on the heal beacon. Right now, one bad placement, and you have nothing for a long time. The AD scaling is cool touch. I keep thinking "oh, that won't wor- oh hey, yes it will" Good job, this guy is really well thought out.
Well, anyone giving feedback helps a bit, but thank you!

Also, I plan on editing the CD once the forums allow me to get back to the first page...

Ire Researcher

10-27-2011

...hi.

Phoneixflare

10-27-2011

Dude, this is awesome. I would play this champ like crazy. it sounds really fun and you've obviously put a lot of thought into this. A ranged tank is sorta non-existent so it would be cool to have one for once. I like the concept art too actually, although i imagined him looking more like a tank and less like a bulldozer.

Ire Researcher

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneixflare View Post
Dude, this is awesome. I would play this champ like crazy. it sounds really fun and you've obviously put a lot of thought into this. A ranged tank is sorta non-existent so it would be cool to have one for once. I like the concept art too actually, although i imagined him looking more like a tank and less like a bulldozer.
I would too, if he existed!

Well, if he had skins or actual splash art, he'd probably look less like a bulldozer. But ranged tanks do not exist yet.

I'm glad you like him.

Tweal

10-27-2011

Sounds solid, not really much that can be said other than "Riot I have never asked for anything from you in my life but please give me this one thing..."
+1 from me

Ire Researcher

10-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweal View Post
Sounds solid, not really much that can be said other than "Riot I have never asked for anything from you in my life but please give me this one thing..."
+1 from me
If only I could have that....

Yellow Jester

10-29-2011

This is a DotA tank. His skills all have too long durations and are too powerful, recovery beacon is especially DotA-esque. the 10 second 20% damage reduction aura is especially OP, and combine that with an AoE ranged taunt and a silence...Look at any champion besides master yi and you'll understand what I mean.

Yellow Jester

10-29-2011

not to mention that with cooldown reduction you can literally taunt an enemy 89% of the time.

Ire Researcher

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
This is a DotA tank. His skills all have too long durations and are too powerful, recovery beacon is especially DotA-esque. the 10 second 20% damage reduction aura is especially OP, and combine that with an AoE ranged taunt and a silence...Look at any champion besides master yi and you'll understand what I mean.
Except the shield only affects his allies, not him.

The taunt failed to make him tank decently when it hit only one target.

The beacon is a killable HoT. it was intended to be like in warcraft, ideally, you'd set it up at your turret to heal your damaged laning partner while you soak up damage.

The silence applies to auto-attack, and since he is meant to be a tank, it ought to proc less than Vayne's. Unless you intend to build my tank with AD...

I utilized information from other tanks in creating this champion, Yi is not a tank. (wait, are you one of those people who think Yi is OP? Because he's easy to kill.)

The taunt makes champions attack him, the shield makes it harder to attack his allies, focusing damage on him, the beacon is his only sustainability, since two of his abilities encourage people to attack him.

20% CDR would mean cutting off 1 second of the current cooldown. so it'd be a 4-second cooldown with a 2-second taunt. I can increase the cooldown to be less quick, but it's generally a bad idea to deny a tank the ability to defend their teammates.

It's the tank's job to die first.

Also, if you intend on calling the abilities overpowered, at least include some indication of the amount they must be altered numerically.