Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorazin View Post
isnt urgot bassically range ad /tank support with his ulti?
No. A support would heal or buff other people.

Ire Researcher

04-20-2012

Urgot is not a support. this is not an urgot.

Green Earth Guy

04-20-2012

You sir, have made my day.
Tank is my favorite role to play, and a ranged tank would be so awesome to have in the game.
This is so worth Riot's time to look at!

Prince Kassad

04-20-2012

I would still try to remake his passive so that it didn't scale with attack speed at all. A ranged AD tank/support is already a huge stretch. The attack speed scaling pushes him into being a ranged fighter. You have to realize that there is only so much you can put on a champion. Some suggestions:

He has very little initiation power, so maybe his passive could be:
After not attacking for 12 seconds, Runelock gains 50 movement speed until his next attack, which fears the target for 1/1.25/1.5 seconds.

If you want to stick to his passive being a "threat over time" skill, which is also important for a tank, it could be like:
Every second Runelock applies one charge of shock on nearby enemies, and the charges last for 3 seconds or until they are refreshed. When an enemy accumulates a maximum of 6 stacks, Runelock's next attack will consume the stacks and fear the target for 1.5 seconds.

If you don't like either of those ideas, come up with something along those lines. At the very least, change it so that Runelock builds stacks only with his abilities, not with his basic attacks. Tank items provide lots of cooldown reduction so that would make more sense. You could still have his basic attack activate the fear, like in my second suggestion, but just not build the stacks for it. Right now his passive is just too reliant on attack speed. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but if Riot released this champion tomorrow nobody would play him as a tank.

P.S. Tank Urgot is actually pretty almost viable. IMO, Urgot is actually closer to being a tank than Runelock! Urgot has a massive initiation that puts him in the midddle of the enemy team and a shield that gives him extra CC if he is ignored. And a "tank" passive...

Ire Researcher

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
I would still try to remake his passive so that it didn't scale with attack speed at all. A ranged AD tank/support is already a huge stretch. The attack speed scaling pushes him into being a ranged fighter. You have to realize that there is only so much you can put on a champion. Some suggestions:

He has very little initiation power, so maybe his passive could be:
After not attacking for 12 seconds, Runelock gains 50 movement speed until his next attack, which fears the target for 1/1.25/1.5 seconds.

If you want to stick to his passive being a "threat over time" skill, which is also important for a tank, it could be like:
Every second Runelock applies one charge of shock on nearby enemies, and the charges last for 3 seconds or until they are refreshed. When an enemy accumulates a maximum of 6 stacks, Runelock's next attack will consume the stacks and fear the target for 1.5 seconds.

If you don't like either of those ideas, come up with something along those lines. At the very least, change it so that Runelock builds stacks only with his abilities, not with his basic attacks. Tank items provide lots of cooldown reduction so that would make more sense. You could still have his basic attack activate the fear, like in my second suggestion, but just not build the stacks for it. Right now his passive is just too reliant on attack speed. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but if Riot released this champion tomorrow nobody would play him as a tank.

P.S. Tank Urgot is actually pretty almost viable. IMO, Urgot is actually closer to being a tank than Runelock! Urgot has a massive initiation that puts him in the midddle of the enemy team and a shield that gives him extra CC if he is ignored. And a "tank" passive...
the problem with the second suggestion is that it'd be impossible to proc the shock, the ability cooldowns are far too long. Effectively he'd have no passive from doing that.

Urgot was intended as a ranged tank, but the problem was he was more effective in other roles. I am trying to avoid this by making it a tank/support.

Ire Researcher

04-21-2012

I'll have to update the first post again...

WalkingToaster

04-22-2012

nerf it and turn him ad support ad support needs done so we can have ad gp5s
its be awesome just an idea

Ire Researcher

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingToaster View Post
nerf it and turn him ad support ad support needs done so we can have ad gp5s
its be awesome just an idea
No, AD support is going to be my next project...

Ire Researcher

04-22-2012

it'll be a piltover champion though.

Ire Researcher

04-23-2012

bump