Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberGob View Post
Aww just noticed the changes to his Q, also the fact that beacons have health. I stand corrected.

+upvote
Thank you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

Senior Member

10-25-2011

LoL forums are acting funny... or is it just me?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GorekoTheUnholy

Senior Member

10-25-2011

hmmmm i would change the skill shot into a skillshot that when it ends up hitting you get a small burst or splash radius for a taunt so if you hit a group of lets say 3 people all clustered you get to taunt all of them instead of just 1 making him more valuable for team fights


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorekoTheUnholy View Post
hmmmm i would change the skill shot into a skillshot that when it ends up hitting you get a small burst or splash radius for a taunt so if you hit a group of lets say 3 people all clustered you get to taunt all of them instead of just 1 making him more valuable for team fights
alright. I can see the utility in that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wants to sleep

Senior Member

10-26-2011

question: first, how long do all his abilities last? second, why the heck would you not use Mana? Seriously, no one wants to use mana on a champion unless it's a mage. Unless there is serious problem with it, give him mana; it really helps make him less OP in lane (right now, he has high health, good armor and a regen ability. How will you force him out of lane?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

greenplant1992

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-26-2011

bump, love it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blínd View Post
question: first, how long do all his abilities last? second, why the heck would you not use Mana? Seriously, no one wants to use mana on a champion unless it's a mage. Unless there is serious problem with it, give him mana; it really helps make him less OP in lane (right now, he has high health, good armor and a regen ability. How will you force him out of lane?)
passive lasts 1.5 seconds for silence.

confusion rounds last 2 seconds

Kinetic shield works for 10 seconds in the area around him

Beacons last 10 seconds or until killed.

The numbing area exists 6 seconds, as does the effect from it, which only applies once.

As for mana, this is an AD tank with CDR, a champion type that currently doesn't exist. All the tanks, save Shen use mana. Because Runelock is a machine, he doesn't use mana, as he is more technological in nature. That, and I HATE tanks that fail to defend their teammates because they were OOM. Not to mention, many mana items use AP, which I am trying to avoid. I don't want him being equipped with Lichbane or Tri.

This is the exact opposite of what another person stated, that he was too weak as a tank... I made his health regen higher than 1 current tank, and lower than the rest. Tis health is actually a sort of median between the current tanks, and his armor is less than a few of the current tanks. I looked over the stats of the current ones Riot uses before creating mine, so I gave him a sort of average in comparison. If you can help provide some balance to his stats, that'd be appreciated greatly, because I am currently going by example.

If you want to force him out of the lane, hit him with magic damage, or let your assassin take him out. Most of the tanks have some sort of sustainability. Runelock's only one is a destructible beacon, since his shield cannot protect him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenplant1992 View Post
bump, love it
Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wants to sleep

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Fair enough. The thing is, his lane becomes really strong, just by him living, when he has no mana. His stats are average, but you're going to need to aim for the low side of things with his level one stats. I'm too tired to give (or run properly) any real numbers, however. Looks ok though (maybe leave or even buff his level 18 stats. but nerf his level zero stats?.

The only comment I have is that he's going to be a bottom lane support, so while he is AD base, he won't normally have the items to do all that much damage lol. I was going to say something else but I forgot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ire Researcher

Senior Member

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blínd View Post
Fair enough. The thing is, his lane becomes really strong, just by him living, when he has no mana. His stats are average, but you're going to need to aim for the low side of things with his level one stats. I'm too tired to give (or run properly) any real numbers, however. Looks ok though (maybe leave or even buff his level 18 stats. but nerf his level zero stats?.

The only comment I have is that he's going to be a bottom lane support, so while he is AD base, he won't normally have the items to do all that much damage lol. I was going to say something else but I forgot.
I can nerf the lower level stats so they have adequate division over the levels.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wants to sleep

Senior Member

10-27-2011

Sounds good. Because the beacons can be killed, you could actually drop the CD by five flat on the heal beacon. Right now, one bad placement, and you have nothing for a long time. The AD scaling is cool touch. I keep thinking "oh, that won't wor- oh hey, yes it will" Good job, this guy is really well thought out.