Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gorloquoo

11-04-2011

bumpin' this ^^

spongeAddict

11-04-2011

I guess you got me on the aoe hurting enemies only, being every other champion with an aoe does the same thing...

...and while I did have a few mechanic complaints I wouldn't change much of what you have just figure out a way for it to make sense. Like how you explained the gas increased aggression, that makes more sense now but it wasn't in the ability description. Wording things right can be a tricky thing as I had to rewrite my abilities many times.

((cheap plug inc:: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=16759164#post16759164 ::woo))

Kind of sad it's not getting that much attention, must only mean my idea isn't as good as yours Oh well.. haha.

Ire Researcher

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeAddict View Post
I guess you got me on the aoe hurting enemies only, being every other champion with an aoe does the same thing...

...and while I did have a few mechanic complaints I wouldn't change much of what you have just figure out a way for it to make sense. Like how you explained the gas increased aggression, that makes more sense now but it wasn't in the ability description. Wording things right can be a tricky thing as I had to rewrite my abilities many times.

((cheap plug inc:: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=16759164#post16759164 ::woo))

Kind of sad it's not getting that much attention, must only mean my idea isn't as good as yours Oh well.. haha.
Not a lot of champion descriptions really explain how it'd work... besides, sense matters little in a cross-dimensional magical world where a small hamster with a blowgun can somehow poison a metal robot to death...

well, it might not mean that. keeping a champion on the front page is ideal. and I delete all my bumping posts.

El Humblebee

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Researcher
Kinetic Shield now creates a 40% movespeed increase towards enemy champions.

E and R now create a shock stack.

Beacons now do damage upon exploding.

Shock now takes 5 stacks to proc.
You have been actively accepting and using feedback which I think is great, so I have a few more balance suggestions.

Primarily, his early game is far too strong by looking at his stats, 120% of his flat 56 damage at the start is a huge auto attack, especially for a tank. And his heal beacon not only heals for a huge amount (90+56+(0.33*30)+(0.33*18)=162), but has the potential to explode for that much damage and stun for a second.

Which leads me to my next point, the taunt has to scale, as is he can stun an enemy for 1 second then taunt them for 2, totalling 3 seconds of hard CC, all at level 2 and beyond.

Also, the move speed buff on his W is too much at all levels, 60% MS is HUGE, and 30% at level 1 of the skill just works to make his early game even stronger. Also, his ultimate doesn't seem tanky enough, in that it does a lot of burst but not much of anything else. By using the theme of numbing toxins, you could put an attack speed slow on enemy champions and an armour/mres buff to allies, as well as making the effect persist for some time after leaving the AOE. To counter these substantial buffs you could lower the allied MS buff, and the damage.

You'll notice I havn't given any specific numbers for these changes, or any real fix for most of the problems I addressed. This is to allow you to find solutions because Runelock is your champ and you should be the one deciding what he does.

Ire Researcher

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Humblebee View Post
You have been actively accepting and using feedback which I think is great, so I have a few more balance suggestions.

Primarily, his early game is far too strong by looking at his stats, 120% of his flat 56 damage at the start is a huge auto attack, especially for a tank. And his heal beacon not only heals for a huge amount (90+56+(0.33*30)+(0.33*18)=162), but has the potential to explode for that much damage and stun for a second.

Which leads me to my next point, the taunt has to scale, as is he can stun an enemy for 1 second then taunt them for 2, totalling 3 seconds of hard CC, all at level 2 and beyond.

Also, the move speed buff on his W is too much at all levels, 60% MS is HUGE, and 30% at level 1 of the skill just works to make his early game even stronger. Also, his ultimate doesn't seem tanky enough, in that it does a lot of burst but not much of anything else. By using the theme of numbing toxins, you could put an attack speed slow on enemy champions and an armour/mres buff to allies, as well as making the effect persist for some time after leaving the AOE. To counter these substantial buffs you could lower the allied MS buff, and the damage.

You'll notice I havn't given any specific numbers for these changes, or any real fix for most of the problems I addressed. This is to allow you to find solutions because Runelock is your champ and you should be the one deciding what he does.
Of course. There are far more people better at this than me, and if I listen and edit, I can fine tune this to the point that only those who hate the idea of the Main Battle Tank (therefore having no idea of how warfare works....) have an issue with this champion.

I will find a way to work with this feedback soon.

Ire Researcher

11-06-2011

Quote:

I've applied most of the nerfs, however, on the ultimate, I kept the movespeed decrease. I'll explain why in a bit.

Runelock now does 90% of his damage at maximum range, 110% at close range, encouraging players to get closer.

Confusion round taunt now scales, starting at 0.5 seconds at level 1.

Heal beacon was reduced, but remember that the heal beacon is VERY easy to kill, as it has no MR or armor.

Movespeed for the shield was reduced. (thus getting rid of his ability to initiate.)

Ultimate now does even less damage.
attack speed debuff added.
I did not get rid of the movespeed debuff, nor decrease it, as the entire point is to let my allies run down foes. Not to mention the slow is less than Singed's level one Mega Adhesive. It just lasts longer.

Tweal

11-06-2011

Kinda wish you had put a change log on the first post, I would have liked to see how he had evolved over time without having to go through all of the posts. It's just kind of cool to see how far it's come although I have been following this champion for a few weeks so I've seen a lot of the changes happening

Ire Researcher

11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweal View Post
Kinda wish you had put a change log on the first post, I would have liked to see how he had evolved over time without having to go through all of the posts. It's just kind of cool to see how far it's come although I have been following this champion for a few weeks so I've seen a lot of the changes happening
well, to be honest, I didn't plan to make a changelog...

but if I do make another, I can do one.

El Humblebee

11-07-2011

This guy is the first champ on the suggestions that is normal and true enough to be an actual champ. He doesn't have some random mechanic or resource, he plays like the other champs in the class he's supposed to play, he just needs some number tweaking as of now. So for that reason:
BUMP!

Ire Researcher

11-07-2011

Quote:
This guy is the first champ on the suggestions that is normal and true enough to be an actual champ. He doesn't have some random mechanic or resource, he plays like the other champs in the class he's supposed to play, he just needs some number tweaking as of now. So for that reason:
BUMP!
Thank you. I only hope to fix those flaws, so that he will be appealing for others.

And if by some stroke of luck he is used by Riot, my year will have been made.