Freyja, the Demolition Valkyrie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

francisscott1234

04-24-2014

Name: Freyja, The Demolition Valkyrie
Origin: Piltover
Style/Description - Explosives expert, Cool Down/Ammo Based, Utility Bruiser
Position: Top or Jungle

Lore: One of Jinx's criminal connections. Freyja is always good for a bank robbery or a little light mayhem.

Explanation: Freyja is a utility bruiser with two stances: Tactical and Reconnaissance. In Tactical Form she uses her fists and various explosives. In Recon Form she pulls out her pistol and has access to a new kit of explosives. She can also upgrade these abilities each time her ultimate levels up. She has minimal CC before level 6 (when she can start upgrading and gaining bonus abilities), but her kit allows for very high damage potential and a mass of utility to play with and explore. On the flip side, her ammo based resource limits her ability to spam forcing players to think on their feet and plan ahead. I like to think that this is a champion that could be played in several different ways and still have a good time and win games. Its complicated...I know. But just think about it for a second. Its pretty awesome.

Passive – Reload – Freyja has a limited stock of firepower. She can carry a maximum of 5 grenades, 5 mines, 6 flares, and 15 bullets. Upon using any of these she replenishes a grenade every 60 seconds, a mine every 90 seconds, a flare every 30 seconds, and a bullet every 10 seconds.
Restock – Upon returning to base, Freyja replenishes all of her explosives and ammo.

Q – Grenades

Passive – Idle Hands – Every time Freyja uses an explosive she gains a charge of explosive residue on her fists and they begin to spark. Her next basic attack in Tactical Form explodes, dealing bonus magic damage based on the number of charges gained (plus bonus damage from ability power). Stacks up to 6 times. At 6 stacks her hands will catch fire and she will gain life steal and spell vamp on her next basic attack.

Tactical Form – Hand Grenade – Freyja throws a grenade in a long skill shot. However, the grenade will bounce off players, objects, and terrain it encounters, losing distance and momentum with each bounce and detonating after 3 seconds dealing physical damage to enemies in the surrounding area. (Cool Down: Moderate-Low. Damage: Moderate plus increased damage from attack power.)
Upgrade – Toofer – A second grenade can be thrown after 1.5 seconds of throwing the first grenade with a window of a few seconds.

Recon Form – Smoke Grenade – Freyja throws a smoke bomb at her feet, becomes invisible, and ignores unit collision for 2 seconds. The bomb releases toxic smoke for 2 seconds silencing enemies in direct smoke. Silence fades immediately after leaving smoke. (Cool Down: Moderate-High. No Damage.)
Upgrade – Good Measure – Slows enemies in direct smoke that decays over 2 seconds after leaving smoke.

W – Mines

Passive – Safety First – Every third ability Freyja gains a shield charge that absorbs 2% of her max health. Stacks 5 times. When shield is popped it explodes dealing magic to surrounding opponents. (Bonus damage from ability power.)

Tactical Form– Detonator Mine – Freyja places a mine on the ground or on target player, minion, object, or terrain (including ally players, minions, and objects). If stuck to enemy turret, the turret will receive damage and debuffs from the blast. She can activate Detonator Mine at any time and the mine will explode dealing physical damage to enemies in the blast radius. It will also detonate if Freyja leaves the radius of the link between her and the mine. If it is detonated in this manor it only deals 60% of the damage. She must detonate a previously laid detonator mine before being able to lay another Proximity Mine. (Cool Down: Moderate. Damage: Moderate plus increased damage from attack power.)
Upgrade – Claymore – Metal balls shoot out of the bomb shredding the armor of enemies in the blast radius for a few seconds.

Recon Form – Proximity Mine – Freyja channels for 1.5-5 seconds to holster her pistol and bury a trap in the ground that explodes when an enemy walks over it dealing physical damage to enemies in the blast radius. The longer Freyja charges the mine, the more damage it does and the larger the blast radius becomes. It also explodes if she leaves the radius of the link between her and the mine. Up to two can be placed at a time. (Cool Down: Moderate-High. Damage: Moderate-High depending on length of channel.)
Upgrade – Up and Out – Detonation knocks up enemies in the blast radius.

E – Flares

Tactical Form– Flash Bang – Freyja combines 2 flares into a charged flash bang and lobs it to a target area where it detonates on impact, slowing enemies in the blast radius decaying over a few seconds and blinding any opponents facing the blast in and around the blast radius for a few seconds. (Cool Down: Moderate. No damage.)
Upgrade – Extra Pinch – Stuns targets in direct blast radius for 1 second.

Recon Form – Flare – Freyja fires a flare from her pistol to a target area, revealing a portion of the map for several seconds (8-10?). Bushes will only reveal champions in motion. (Cool Down: High. No damage.)
Upgrade – Double Barrel – Reduces range of flares but a second flare can be launched 1 second after launching the first. Cool down will begin if the second flare isn’t fired by the time the first flare goes out.

R – Line of Attack

Passive – Cook Book – Each rank of Line of Attack allows Freyja to Upgrade one of her abilities giving it an additional effect.

Tactical Form – Freyja holsters her pistol losing attack range and damage but breaking into a run causing her base movement speed and attack speed to be slightly increased. She gains access to her Tactical Abilities. She cannot switch to Recon Form without ammo for her pistol. (Cool Down: Very Low. No Damage.)

Recon Form – Freyja draws her pistol gaining slightly increased attack range and damage, but she slows to a walk to focus her aim so base movement speed and attack speed is slightly reduced. She also gains an increase in critical strike chance. She gains access to Reconnaissance Abilities. If she runs out of ammo, she reverts to Tactical Form. (Cool Down: Very Low. No Damage.)

Upgrade – Boost! – Each time Freyja switches forms she rolls a short distance in the direction she’s running. Her role gathers static increasing the shield charge from Safety First up to 3% of her maximum health from 2%.

Hope you all think this is as cool as I do! Love to get some feedback and criticism. And Riot...make this champion...for real. I didn't bother working out any specific numbers on most things because I figure programmers and testers will be adjusting all of the math anyway if they actually decided to make this champ.

Gallifreyan

04-24-2014

Change the race, first and foremost, the problem with it is not racial implication, but the fact that Valoran has no Africa, Lucian resembles an African, but he is never stated as being such due to this fact.

The utility aspect comes off strong, TOO strong. It's ok that her skills have a different form defendant on stance, but the fact that she has 4 passives by default is a little much. Her lack of mana being offset by being limited in supplies is a pretty interesting mechanic.

As honestly as I can put her, her lore is not a lore. I hope it's expanded upon or dropped altogether, as a lore isn't really necessary.

Define her roles a bit more clearly, I like that you're guessing top or jungle, but try to gear her towards something.

That's all I can really say about this, I hope to see this worked upon.

francisscott1234

04-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallifreyan View Post
Change the race, first and foremost, the problem with it is not racial implication, but the fact that Valoran has no Africa, Lucian resembles an African, but he is never stated as being such due to this fact.

The utility aspect comes off strong, TOO strong. It's ok that her skills have a different form defendant on stance, but the fact that she has 4 passives by default is a little much. Her lack of mana being offset by being limited in supplies is a pretty interesting mechanic.

As honestly as I can put her, her lore is not a lore. I hope it's expanded upon or dropped altogether, as a lore isn't really necessary.

Define her roles a bit more clearly, I like that you're guessing top or jungle, but try to gear her towards something.

That's all I can really say about this, I hope to see this worked upon.
Good call on all points. I like how much utility she has. I know it seems like too much but when you think about implementing the mechanics in game, I think it balances out. I also don't care much for lore to be honest. I put it in because its part of the game and people are into that stuff. I just really wanted to make this champion.