Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is riot going to do anything about those who were given the beta sign up code without

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Route 34

10-12-2011

actually being in invited? (ran outta space in the title)

just wondering is all o.o

edit: to prevent misunderstanding, i was invited by riot, i didnt jack a link

Xtractor

10-12-2011

there is a limited time where everyone is allowed, after that only the 'selected' can still join, is what ive read.

not sure about it.

Not a Cobra

10-12-2011

Well how could they find out?
the accounts aren't linked.
And some people have updated their email address since their original LoL account.

There's really no perfect way for riot to know who has and hasn't used their own link to get the beta.
I'd say they'll take an approach of " 'tis better to have some uninvited guests than to kick out your 'active community' "
Besides, extra free beta testers is not really a bad thing is it?

LigerZeroXX

10-12-2011

I hope, that i get an invite. Apparently its based on how many successful up votes you get on a forum post, and how many there are that do so.

(basically if we up vote each other to extreme levels then we can get into the PBE)

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I would expect them to kick some of those out, the reason they invited a smaller pool of players to start with is to get the test server stabilized, having far too many people get in at first is probably what they were trying to prevent.

MalHeartsNutmeg

10-12-2011

Quote:
LigerZeroXX:
I hope, that i get an invite. Apparently its based on how many successful up votes you get on a forum post, and how many there are that do so.

(basically if we up vote each other to extreme levels then we can get into the PBE)

Uh this is untrue, I'm not much of a frequent poster, and I don't get extreme amounts of upvotes yet I received an invite.

Pretty sure it's random.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

10-12-2011

Quote:
MalHeartsNutmeg:
Uh this is untrue, I'm not much of a frequent poster, and I don't get extreme amounts of upvotes yet I received an invite.

Pretty sure it's random.

There was a red post explaining that "forum activity" for them equated to the volume of posts that were positively voted by the community. So no, it isn't untrue.

MalHeartsNutmeg

10-12-2011

Quote:
die4769:
There was a red post explaining that "forum activity" for them equated to the volume of posts that were positively voted by the community. So no, it isn't untrue.

Then explain how I got an invite with little forum activity, and not much of it helpful?

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

10-12-2011

Quote:
MalHeartsNutmeg:
Then explain how I got an invite with little forum activity, and not much of it helpful?

Because you have a secret fan club who waits for the threads you post in to die, then upvote all your posts while nobody's looking.

hotstreak424

10-12-2011

I've seen about 5 threads (and reddit too) posting up the signup ling for the testing. It really sucks...