Hey LOL memebers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

06-13-2010

Hi, I am new here to the forums. My name is David. I live in NJ and I'm 19 years old. I have to say that this game is awesome! I have been playing this game like religiously over the past 6 days lol. I have two questions though?

What determines how many IP you get after a match?

You guys think it is better to get a lot of champions with low IP or should i save up for one of the higher cost ones? Because right now theirs is on the i really want but he cost like 6300 but i like to try a lot of different champions. But it takes me forever to get IP seeing that games on average last for me 30mins to a hour and the most IP i get in a match is about 100. Hope someone can answer these questions and go easy on me i am not good at first post's on forums. lol

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

1.) When posting on the forums, use formatting! It's much easier on the eyes, it clarifies what you want to say, and no one wants to have to face on a huge paragraph of whatsthisallabout. (though what you wrote is pretty forgiving, you'll see much more massive paragraphs in other places of the forums)

2.) How much IP do you get per match? It depends on various factors, but it's all explained if you rollover the colored bars.

--You gain a set amount of IP for winning/losing a match. Losing is somewhat worse.
--You gain 158 IP for your "first win of the day" (not affected by IP boost). You are eligible for this bonus again 22 hours after earning it, as you can notice by the timer.
--You gain up to 23 IP for finishing a streak of games and not being a **** by leaving.
--You gain additional IP for defeating your opponents before the 45 minute mark (approximate), known as "quick and decisive victory".
--You gain additional IP for stalling your defeat after the 30 minute mark (approximate), known as "long and tough defense".

3.) How do you choose which champion to unlock and play?

First thing's first: unless you are a fast learner and want a challenge, stay away from the champions with a high difficulty bar. That said, try to experience the champion first when he/she/it is in the free champion rotation. Up to 10 champions are made temporarily free each week, and you can check up on this information and next week's rotation in the announcements.

Easy champions are made available frequently (Ashe literally shows up every other week), while the more difficult or "noob unfriendly" champions like Anivia or Twitch will be seen once every 2-3 months or so. Hopefully when you play the game, you'll find a champion that you really like, and then you can unlock the champion without any regrets!

For your information, the more expensive the champion is, the more complex or difficult the champion is to master. This is just a general rule of thumb; Kayle is probably not a 450 IP champion (the cheapest), and Twitch is arguably simpler than 6300 IP (the most expensive).

At any rate, welcome to the forums, and welcome to LoL David!

Feel free to ask any other questions.

DayInTheSun

06-13-2010

I'd say for now you just play the weekly free champions to save yourself some IP. Who knows, maybe you'll find one that you'll like and before you know it you'll have enough to buy him when the week is over. Then again, if there's a champ that you really want and you have enough IP to spend on him (but you know you won't get sick of him after a couple of games), then by all means go to the store and purchase him.

David12596

06-13-2010

Well so far i have brought Karthus, Amumu, Cho Gath, and Shaco. I like Karthus a lot but i just got Amumu and he is awesome.

Ps. sorry about the formatting i was in rush when i was posting lol

RaTukt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

If you really want to get some champions faster, I bought the collectors edition for $20 at Gamestop.

David12596

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTukt View Post
If you really want to get some champions faster, I bought the collectors edition for $20 at Gamestop.
Collector's edition?

BlackSura

06-13-2010

You can spend real life money (I think it is $30) to unlock 20 champions, 3 runes and 1 skin (silver kayle if you buy the retail box/goth annie if you buy it in the in-game shop).

Here is a link for more information: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=18374

Bear in mind it comes with $10 worth of Riot Points for you to spend in-game.

TKana

06-14-2010

Also, if you use the 10$ worth and buy some additional Riotpoints, you can have 40 champs for like 35$....

Quite a good investment, and you can try the majority of champions

David12596

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKana View Post
Also, if you use the 10$ worth and buy some additional Riotpoints, you can have 40 champs for like 35$....

Quite a good investment, and you can try the majority of champions
now i wish i had $35 on me lol

ryoh

02-06-2011

u should play free chars or buy some1 that u really like really like. like i am going to buy Mordekaiser