Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do I have to patch EVERY TIME I open the launcher?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoullessInferno

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I opened the launcher for the third time right now, and it's patching. I opened it about 7 hours ago and it patched for at least 45 minutes, then again three hours or so after that when the server was online, and it took an hour to patch. It's been patching right now for about 10 minutes, at 40%. Am I going to have to sit through at least half an hour of patch EVERY TIME I want to play? And why does it patch every time anyway?

Edit: This only happens with the PBE launcher; the regular launcher works fine.

Uni TriTri Hepta

Senior Recruiter

10-12-2011

same thing happened to me.

I tried to reconnect to a game, because after load screen, it showed black.

Had to repatch, and I wasn't going to wait again... back to live realm.

Myrkr Lokidottir

10-12-2011

... did you extract the folder from the zip? Or are you trying to play through the zip?

Deus Aeternus

10-12-2011

I had that problem too, extract the folder and it'll fix the issue.

KaptainKonrad

10-12-2011

Thanks, I feel like such an idiot, I know this stuff. Apparently I don't

SoullessInferno

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I extracted the entire "League of Legends Public Beta" folder onto my desktop. I open the folder, double click the exe (not admin) and every time it patches.

Gurei Fullbuster

10-12-2011

Try putting it in your main (usually C) drive one level deeper than the usual LoL folder (just make a new folder to put it in if you don't have a folder you made yourself already). (at first I had it in the same level as my folder for my normal client and when I tried to play a game on the normal client, it went bat**** crazy on me, lol)