Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Going to redownload/repatch will keep you posted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

10-12-2011

Quote:
Snotsickle:
It is definitely not a waste of time if the servers are currently down. I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law, especially in a Beta environment. I don't mind using a smidgen of my bandwidth to re download the client with all patches up to date.

Patch is now 91 percent complete as of this posting.

(Meanwhile I get to listen to my room mate play Dominion on the Public Server in the background...grrr...) :-D

Oh Murphy's Law. A computer science person's arch nemesis!

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

Quote:
Zielmann:
Sorry, but it kinda is.

The patch Riot gave us was the wrong version which means that nothing is working at all right now. There is no reason to bother seeing if the issue is on your end when Riot already has shown that the issue is on their end. You should just scrap this, get on the live servers and join your friend in some Dominion while you wait.

After Riot gets the correct patch online, if it's working for most people but you are still getting errors, then by all means, troubleshoot to see what the cause of the problem might be.

Still applying the patch.

Which means... cannot run the other client. (I already tested this.. see another thread of mine, it will crash the other client if both are run at the same time).

We shall agree to disagree ok? I am rather finicky when it comes to my troubleshooting. If I really wanted to **** retentive on this, I would do a fresh install of Windows XP with all the updates and install the PB Client on that box to ensure that things are as fresh as possible, thus removing every variable I can think of for a solid beta test.

Alas, I am too tired to do that tonight. :-)

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

Quote:
Sarg338:
Oh Murphy's Law. A computer science person's arch nemesis!

Yes... and the number one cause of hair loss due to hair pulling in a support department! :-D

Sarg338

10-12-2011

Quote:
Snotsickle:
Yes... and the number one cause of hair loss due to hair pulling in a support department! :-D

You mean besides dealing with stupid people?

http://clientsfromhell.net/

Zielmann

10-12-2011

Quote:
Snotsickle:
Still applying the patch.

Which means... cannot run the other client. (I already tested this.. see another thread of mine, it will crash the other client if both are run at the same time).

We shall agree to disagree ok? I am rather finicky when it comes to my troubleshooting. If I really wanted to **** retentive on this, I would do a fresh install of Windows XP with all the updates and install the PB Client on that box to ensure that things are as fresh as possible, thus removing every variable I can think of for a solid beta test.

Alas, I am too tired to do that tonight. :-)

It's your own time, do what you want with it. Just saying you probably should have waited for when the error was more of an anomaly than something happening to every single user because Riot screwed up.

I admire your eagerness to help out, but there's a point where it gets to be a bit excessive. Like considering a clean re-install of your OS for an issue with a known cause.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

Ok. Client installed. Ran just fine. Now waiting for Beta server to come online and test it.

There is no such thing as excessive when it comes to troubleshooting. Especially when one has no life and is in between jobs. It keeps the stagnation away.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

Update:

(I feel like I'm blogging)

Closed and reopened the client after a fresh install. A new patch. (I am assuming this is the patch that they downed the servers for). Odd, one would think they would have patched the latest install.

353 MB give or take..

Let's hope the beta servers come online soon.