Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Going to redownload/repatch will keep you posted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

I have had far too many errors now with the PB client.

I am going to troubleshoot from the beginning to see if any of the issues are on my end of things.

My firs step is to completely delete the directory where I installed the Public Beta client (PB Client).

I unzipped the file I originally downloaded from the invite web page and extracted it.

I moved that folder (League of Legends Public Beta) to my root directory of my C: drive.

I have next run the lol.launcher.exe

It is currently repatching 36 percent complete at the time of this posting.

I will keep this thread updated as I progress in this re-install. I am crossing my fingers that perhaps a clean install with the latest updates in one patch solves the errors I have been receiving.

Mike

Sarg338

10-12-2011

What kind of errors? It's best to create a new thread for each error you encounter.

Sitanimulli

10-12-2011

Honestly so many are having issues I doubt it's on your end bro.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

I already posted my errors as separate topics. I figured I would try from scratch to make **** sure it wasn't anything on my end. Example, I tried running the beta client at the same time as running the public client, just to see what would happen. For all I know, I boned something (doubtful but I am a Network Engineer..over the years I have found out that anything can happen when it comes to software).

It could very well be the patching process after the initial install. (The patch they put out just before the Beta servers went online). Regardless, I get to catch up on my reading while waiting for this patch to install.

CaptainT

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I didn't have any issues and played a game perfectly fine.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

Quote:
CaptainT:
I didn't have any issues and played a game perfectly fine.

I envy you.

I am definitely on the rare side of the player spectrum.

I am playing with a bootcamped Mac Mini.

Now mind you, the Public LoL plays perfectly fine on this computer. Thus my troubleshooting steps.

WintrBorn

10-12-2011

Well, there's your problem, it's a Mac! (kidding, kidding)

I was having all kinds of issues myself. I tried the repair option, and that didn't help. I'll watch this and see if you get anywhere. If you do, I'll copy what you did.

Zielmann

10-12-2011

Don't jump the gun, guys. There were some major issues with the patch they put out (in short, it was completely broken). They are working right now to patch it up to where it should be.

Don't waste your time with this sort of stuff until after Riot actually has the right patch up.

Snotsickle

10-12-2011

Quote:
Zielmann:
Don't jump the gun, guys. There were some major issues with the patch they put out (in short, it was completely broken). They are working right now to patch it up to where it should be.

Don't waste your time with this sort of stuff until after Riot actually has the right patch up.

It is definitely not a waste of time if the servers are currently down. I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law, especially in a Beta environment. I don't mind using a smidgen of my bandwidth to re download the client with all patches up to date.

Patch is now 91 percent complete as of this posting.

(Meanwhile I get to listen to my room mate play Dominion on the Public Server in the background...grrr...) :-D

Zielmann

10-12-2011

Quote:
Snotsickle:
It is definitely not a waste of time if the servers are currently down. I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law, especially in a Beta environment. I don't mind using a smidgen of my bandwidth to re download the client with all patches up to date.

Patch is now 91 percent complete as of this posting.

(Meanwhile I get to listen to my room mate play Dominion on the Public Server in the background...grrr...) :-D

Sorry, but it kinda is.

The patch Riot gave us was the wrong version which means that nothing is working at all right now. There is no reason to bother seeing if the issue is on your end when Riot already has shown that the issue is on their end. You should just scrap this, get on the live servers and join your friend in some Dominion while you wait.

I'm all for testing things scientifically. But this is just an exercise in futility.

After Riot gets the correct patch online, if it's working for most people but you are still getting errors, then by all means, troubleshoot to see what the cause of the problem might be.